Options

Anyone invest in crypto currency?

Comments

• Options
    Z0sickxZ0sickx Member Posts: 180 ■■■□□□□□□□
    waiting for the market to stablize a little before buying some Litecoins, how much are Coinbase fees for selling LiteCoins?
  • Options
    TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Z0sickx wrote: »
    waiting for the market to stablize a little before buying some Litecoins, how much are Coinbase fees for selling LiteCoins?

you can login to gdax with your Coinbase account and put limit orders to pay 0 fees.
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,034 Admin
    The part about GDAX that bother me is the requirement of sending them a photo of your government-issued ID to register--even if you already have a CoinBase account. There are too many privacy/fraud concerns with that particular "authentication" method.
  • Options
    hurricane1091hurricane1091 Member Posts: 919 ■■■■□□□□□□
    ICX is worth a look. I got in around $2 and got lucky as it soared to $7+ in a couple of days. It's gone back down a bit though, good time to get in. I've got something in mind that's going to be a real winner in 2018 too. Less than 30 mil market cap. Stay tuned
  • Options
    NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I've got something in mind that's going to be a real winner in 2018 too. Less than 30 mil market cap. Stay tuned

AWWWWWWWWWWW How am I supposed to be a millionaire off it if I don't know about it now though!

These ALT coins are fun stuff imo. This last week or so I put in $1000 and with Bitcoin doing horribly my account has gone from $1000 up to $1700 to $900 and finally back to $1400 atm. Good times. Been learning a lot lately. Sitting on the sidelines with my cash atm. Might try and make some moves after work tonight if the markets look good.

A youtube channel I've been watching lately is called Thinking Human TV. Not a super popular channel and doesn't get a lot of views but the guy who does it doesn't pump coins like ALOT of youtube crypto channels. Just talks about investing strategies he is doing and what he thinks about the markets. He also is trying to a 10k to 1 million dollar challenge... Worth a look imo. There is also a discord channel that you can join he has setup. No pumping coins in there just traders talking about the markets and their analysis.
  • Options
    Lol stay tuned...
  • Options
    GVT or Genesis Vision Token is what I want you to keep your eye on. Ranked #275, it's so far off the radar it's not funny. A quick trip to their site and you'll see it's very nice and the team is competent, it's worth an investment on that alone. Furthermore, the idea is good. This is an investment platform that potentially any one can hop on. They already have an established product called Trader Tools, so they are not new to the industry. They have partnerships as well.

I do expect a hell of a gift once you get your lambos off this.
  • Options
    TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    My position now is $500 cash and 10 LTE purchased at $320 (including fees), but I did cash out my original investment, (deposited in my bank account and used it to help pay off my car) so what ever I end up with is all profit. I started looking into miners, with an $1,800 investment I could make around $10 a day mining bitcoins or Alt coins. I almost pulled the trigger 6 months ago for $600 bitcoin miner, but at the time I calculated I couldn't ever break even on my investment, but Bitcoins were around $2,000 at the time, I would have made out very nicely if I had made that investment. I seriously question the long term longevity of so many alt coins. So I's like to keep my investments in the top 50 alt coins.
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.
  • Options
    Gonna be the year of the alt coins!

https://coinmarketcap.com/charts/

Edit: Just to add I do think a lot will go bust. But this isn't going to be that year imo.... Interesting little article on crypto future. https://www.arilewis.com/blog/2017/8/18/the-internet-bubble-peaked-at-3b
  • Options
    Enigma and ICX are hot buys right now. ICX will double this month and Enigma will be big soon. Barely inside the top 100 now, Enigma is getting some real attention. We missed out on raiblocks, don't miss out on Enigma.
  • Options
    NOC-NinjaNOC-Ninja Member Posts: 1,403
    Are you guys investing your Roth IRA to crypto currency?
    I think investing in BTC is too late for me.
    So far BTC > ETC > LTC.
    Whos next? Is it Ripple ?
  • Options
    Called that Enigma breakout right before it happened icon_wink.gif Picture of what I posted in the Crypto discord channel I’m a part of....

I did did sell out of it tho at about .0003 as I’m trading and looking for the next break. Put my money in Civic for tonight... We’ll see. That Enigma was a pretty lucky timed trade. That chart looked good as it just broke higher from a level it had been testing and it was also consolidating for a few days before.
  • Options
    I've put a lot into ICX. Originally at $2, but just put more into it. Fairly certain it will double this month. Just my two Satoshi though, not a pro just a dude on the webs.
  • Options
    RakuraiRakurai Member Posts: 84 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm holding my Ripple for now. Wanted to buy Stellar (XLM) back when it was in the $.20's (last week), missed out on a easy doubling of some money. I don't get enough time to read about crypto to make any strategic trades. Hoping for good things for Ripple over the next 2 years, at least enough to put towards the purchase of a R33 GTR and build a new garage icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    tstrip007tstrip007 Member Posts: 308 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Anyone hodl’ing TRON (TRX) and feel good about it?
  • Options
    kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
    tstrip007 wrote: »

I was in it about a month or so ago. Wish I would have stayed in. Whether it's a good idea to stay is hard to say. It's hard to say with any of them but man Tron has had some good gains.
  • Options
    Enigma is doing well. It's got some crazy tech and MIT guys behind it, it's going to keep doing well I think. ICX will cross $10 soon I think too.
  • Options
    Just to throw another coin out there... Elastic. Only sold on Bittrex right now under XEL. 60 million market cap. Coming out with a new website soon. Only a few months old!
  • Options
    TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    so LTC up 15% ($40+) in 1 day. Anyone know what happened? Have accumulated 11 coins so far at various entry levels. Don't want to sell yet, ETH hit 1k today, maybe LTC will do too?
  • Options
    jt2929jt2929 Member Posts: 244 ■■■□□□□□□□
    tstrip007 wrote: »
    I got into TRX at $.09. I'm holding tight to see if this week's partnership announcement raises it a bit.
  • Options
    RakuraiRakurai Member Posts: 84 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I also bought TRX at .08, should of sold when it was .32. Now I'm hoping it goes back up.

Coin Market Cap just crashed everything this morning, they stopped adding in Korean Won into the averages of the coins.
  • Options
    Yea, BTC is still holding its 50 day Moving Average so it still looks alright. But if it breaks it we could be headed back towards 10k range before we break up.

I'm hoping it just holds though!
  • Options
    quadLOICquadLOIC Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Wish I had done it faster hehe :) but no.
  • Options
    tedjamestedjames Member Posts: 1,179 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Looks like the City of Austin (Texas) is getting in on cryptocurrency:
    https://kxan.com/2018/01/09/new-austin-based-cryptocurrency-encourages-investment-in-local-businesses/

If you sign up in a hurry, you get 10 free shares. Hurry, because the freebies are running out.

Edit: Looks like the free shares are now gone. So I have 10 shares worth 32 cents per share. Maybe one day it'll be worth tens of dollars.
  • Options
    NoNameNoobNoNameNoob Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I've put a lot into ICX. Originally at $2, but just put more into it. Fairly certain it will double this month. Just my two Satoshi though, not a pro just a dude on the webs.

I'm pretty heavy into ICX aswell, with my 2nd most being XLM. Thinking about putting some money into Eth & NEO and forgetting about them for a year.
  • Options
    ITSec14ITSec14 Member Posts: 398 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Looking to start doing some small investments in cryptocurrency. Which exchange do you all use?
  • Options
    ITSec14 wrote: »
    Looking to start doing some small investments in cryptocurrency. Which exchange do you all use?

I used to use Bittrex but recently switched to Binance. Bittrex was getting pretty slow at times and Binance has lower trading fees. I'd used GDAX if my area allowed it (MN is one of the few states that do not) since trades can be free if you are the one setting the price.
  • Options
    Binance has a better selection.
  • Options
    DatabaseHeadDatabaseHead Member Posts: 2,753 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Made a couple of trades last night. OMG was surging pivoted over to BTC at 9200. Good to see BTC is now surging.....

When is RPX going to climb, I got in at .29 on KuCoin, now it's been added to Binance I am hoping more Market Cap and higher prices...... I have 5000 coins of this crap....
  • Options
    I'm still sitting on the sidelines myself. Could be a bull trap and crash down to like 6k. If it goes up to like 13k I'll probably jump back aboard the alt coin train though.