Options

Exam Day Friday

jacksonrjacksonr Member Posts: 106 ■■■□□□□□□□
Morning All,

I have my CCENT lined up for Friday morning.
Failed last month with a 615 and it really knocked my confidence. Hoping I can get past that pesky Pass Mark on Friday and get onto the ICND 200-105.

Just after some advice really. I am working through the Transcender Exams and getting about 65 / 75% and reading my notes during my commute.

Still NOT confident at all and still in two minds as to if I should delay it or not. Can I ask for some opinions please?

Cheers

Comments

• Options
    HaroldGHaroldG Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Delay until you're more confident.
  • Options
    trac0detrac0de Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey jacksonr,
    I've just passed my ccent this morning. I've read Official Cert Guide Wendell Odom. Have done his tests included with book and every time I have scored more than 85 percent.
    Then I've purchased Boson exam and scored 65% on the first one. What's good with Boson that it will show you where you should improve as boson tests are "harder" than the real exam.
    My advice. Do you work? Have other responsibilities? If not, then you still have few days. Find out in what areas you feel weak and read about it.
    You can always delay your exam at least 24h before it ....

On last Sunday I felt ****. I thought I do not know a lot but at the end, I've passed it today.
  • Options
    Thanks for the response guys.
    I do work full time but I am able to commit all my evenings to the next three nights so hopefully that would help.

Congratulations on the pass trac0de.
  • Options
  • Options
    hunterthuntert Banned Posts: 231
    what are you using for references to study ?
  • Options
    I used LiveLessons and CBT nuggets Videos, as well as Transcender Practice tests.
    Used Pearson Labs, while having a dabble with GNS3 and PT.
  • Options
    ande0255ande0255 Banned Posts: 1,178
    If your not committed to the date ( time off work / other stuff ) and really not confident, I'd move it back, if there is no need to rush the foundations you shouldn't.

The CCENT is like the bedrock that you then use for the CCNA layer of the foundation, and if you ever plan CCNP you will really need solid foundations in both.

The cert is a great achievement, but the knowledge gets you the job, remember that throughout your entire cert path!
  • Options
    Thank you Ande, I am looking towards the CCNP R&S Route after my CCNA so I think that could be the case.
    Appreciate your comments all.
  • Options
    Hey,
    jacksonr are you going tomorrow ? or have you postponed?
  • Options
    Hi All

A Fail I am afraid. I as doing OK on the Practice test's but still wasn't confident. Came to work yesterday with a plan to reschedule....and totally forgot as I was so busy icon_sad.gif
  • Options
    NissekiNisseki Member Posts: 160
    Unlucky mate. What was your score?

Off topic question, what do you do for work?
  • Options
    Score was 675 which I was actually DEVESTATED at in all honestly. I really thought I had hit at least early 80's or even a pass. When I saw the score, I just couldn't believe it.

I work in Desktop Support mate.