Options

Just Another OSCP Journey

13»

Comments

• Options
    HausecHausec Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    No real updates this week, I've kinda taken time off to spend time with the family a bit more since I've been doing this since I get straight home from work until bed time for the past month. I have done some simple recon on the rest of the machines and the machines in the IT department and they all require other hosts, which I don't have a problem with, but I'm having some serious issues with some of these. One machine I've been working on for awhile just is not working for some reason, even an admin checked everything I was doing and said it should be working, yet it's not. This might be one of those times I ping another student in the forums and ask how they got their payload working.
  • Options
    NIKY and JEFF downed. God those were some fickle machines.... I never reverted so much in my life

ALICE
    BOB
    BOB2
    BETHANY
    MIKE
    BARRY
    PHOENIX
    ALPHA
    BETA
    TOPHAT
    SUSIE
    ORACLE
    GAMMA (Low Privilege)
    JD
    HOTLINE
    PAYDAY
    LEFTTURN
    DOTTY
    DJ
    FC4 (Low Privilege)
    KRAKEN
    HELPDESK
    MAIL
    SEAN
    KEVIN
    NIKY
    JEFF
  • Options
    LonerVampLonerVamp Member Posts: 518 ■■■■■■■■□□
    FC4? Did you maybe mean EDBMACHINE as being less relevant?

Security Engineer/Analyst/Geek, Red & Blue Teams
    OSCP, GCFA, GWAPT, CISSP, OSWP, AWS SA-A, AWS Security, Sec+, Linux+, CCNA Cyber Ops, CCSK
    2021 goals: maybe AWAE or SLAE, bunch o' courses and red team labs?
  • Options
    LonerVamp wrote: »
    FC4? Did you maybe mean EDBMACHINE as being less relevant?

I believe that's the one. G0tm1lk mentioned it in a post on the offsec forums, I'm trying to find it. Also as a piece of advice for anyone -- If you're trying to exploit something and it isn't working (script or metasploit) against a certain app, it doesn't take long to download the app itself and develop a POC on your own machines so you can see what's going wrong.
  • Options
    ^ Whoops, it wasn't g0tm1lk but another admin
    https://forums.offensive-security.com/showthread.php?t=977&highlight=pain%2C+sufferance%2C
    Q: How do i know when i am ready to take the OSCP exam

A:
    Of course, a very difficult question to answer.
    In general, we suggest *at minimum* hacking all the machines in the "Student network" apart from pain, sufferance and fc4. This will give you the bare skills needed to pass the exam. Of course, we cannot guarantee this estimate.

By this standard the ones I'm missing are
    Slave/Master
    Ghost
    Humble
    Observer
    Cory
    Tricia
    Pedro

The reason being most of these require another host to be compromised before moving on, so I saved them for last. Also forgot to edit in my first post that I rooted Gamma, which in my opinion is one of the hardest machines.
    IMO Aside from Ghost/Humble/Sufferance/Pain the hardest ones have been:
    Gamma
    DOTTY
    BETHANY
    BOB
    Beta

Honerable mentions:
    LEFTTURN
    FC4
    Sherlock
  • Options
    MefistogrMefistogr Member Posts: 18 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I do have a question for those OSCP re-takes, in the event I fail my first attempt, I read that you can retake 4 more times. What happens if you fail after the 4th time?

"After the 4th failed exam onwards, a student may schedule an exam retake after 6 weeks."

I think, it means, you can retake the exam as many times as you wish, as long as 6 weeks have passed!!!!!
  • Options
    m4v3r1ckm4v3r1ck Member Posts: 29 ■■□□□□□□□□
    This is a great thread. Have you scheduled your exam yet?