Options

What books etc. would you suggest?

BF2MadBF2Mad Member Posts: 171
Hi,

I am going to be staring on 70-290 soon and I plan to get the Exam Cram book I the one for 270 was good just wondered what people would recommend, is the Exam Cram book for 290 any good?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    ArbeiderArbeider Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Dunno about that book. I used the MS-Press Self Paced Training Kit and the sybex book. After reading those from A to Z and practising in a virtual environment I used transcender and act.tests to test my knowledge and replayed my faults again. In this way you really know the stuff and the philosophy.
    Certifications: ITILF / MCP / MCDST
    Passed the: EX0-100 / 70-270 / 70-271 / 70-272 / 70-290
    Next to do: 70-284 / 70-285 / 70-291 / 70-293 / 70-294 / 70-297 / 70-298 / 70-299 / 70-350
  • Options
    soojinsoojin Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    gabrielbtoledogabrielbtoledo Member Posts: 217
    Oh, he is not only a cheater but also a spammer. Deserves a ban.
    He is clearly advertising that site.
    A+ Certified - Network+ - MCP (70-290)
    MCSA - CCNA - Security+ (soon)
  • Options
    I agree.

Learning the subject is much more important than passing an exam, the thought of the cert just keeps you studying :)
  • Options
    shamrocker98shamrocker98 Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I used the Exam Cram book, along with MS PRess and I liked it. EC sometimes fills in the gaps of the MS books, or explains them in a different way to make it easier to understand.
  • Options
    I used the Exam Cram book, along with MS PRess and I liked it. EC sometimes fills in the gaps of the MS books, or explains them in a different way to make it easier to understand.

I did the same in the end and it seems to be a good choice both books have gaps and strong points and they work well with each other :D

On top of that I have set up a 2003 box just to play with some things such as AD command line tools etc.

Going good so far, I am only a few chapters in but no bit problems yet. 70-290 just seems to be a supped up version of 70-270