Options

Websites for error messages

Kopite_21Kopite_21 Member Posts: 194 ■■■□□□□□□□
Good Afternoon All,

I currently work on a Service Desk where calls are logged and we try to resolve the users issues. One part of the job is the user would send a screenshot of a particular error that he/she are getting when trying to connect to something, open a specific document etc...

I am just wondering if there is some kind off Website were I can upload the error message and it it will give me a solution on how to fix the issues?

Thank you

Comments

• Options
    scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    google it, you might find something..
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • Options
    Apologies, i forgot i do use Google. I just thought if anyone out there knows of any Websites.
  • Options
    scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    No need to be sorry! icon_smile.gif SnagIt comes to mind. Takes great screenshots. Software to download. Not a website.
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • Options
    I mean a Website were i can enter the "Error Message" and it will give me a solution to the error?
  • Options
    TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Kopite_21 wrote: »
    Apologies, i forgot i do use Google. I just thought if anyone out there knows of any Websites.

Your best bet is Google when it comes to errors for major software like Windows, Office etc, for vendor related software your best bet is the vendor themselves, for internal build applications and proprietary software your best bet is your internal developer team. You would meed to create a custom build knowledge base based on the software your company uses. Not all companies use the same applications. Any established and properly managed Helpdesk should either have a knowledge base or work on building one. Ask your manager and team if one exists before you go and create your own.
  • Options
    PristonPriston Member Posts: 999 ■■■■□□□□□□
    +1 for Google

Every vendor has their own documentation and their own websites on their own products. No need to reinvent a search engine.
    A.A.S. in Networking Technologies
    A+, Network+, CCNA