Passed CCSP

SkyBlueSkyBlue Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
Today, I appeared for the (ISC)² CCSP exam and passed!

Overall the exam was tough. Initially I was feeling that I am going to pass it easily but later it was much more difficult. I would say, available study materials will not cover everything but you have to apply your knowledge to analyze the situation and respond with the best suitable choice.

Study Materials:

1) I attended an (ISC)² live online training
2) The Official (ISC)² Guide to the CCSP CBK 2nd Edition - Adam Gordon
3) CCSP (ISC)² Certified Cloud Security Professional Official Study Guide - Sybex and Practice Exams from Sybex
4) CCSP Certified Cloud Security Professional All-in-One Exam Guide - Daniel Carter (skimmed through) and Practice Exams (Total Tester)

I also passed CCSK on May 11, 2017.

Thanks
SB

Comments

  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Senior Member Mod Posts: 6,926 Mod
  • djcarterdjcarter Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 California Kid Mod Posts: 2,831 Mod
    Congrats on the pass!
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • jonenojoneno Member Posts: 257 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • CasanivaCasaniva Junior Member ITILv3, Security+, CEH, CHFI, CNDA, FITSP-A, FITSP-M, CISA, CISM, CISSP Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • sach2017sach2017 Member Posts: 16 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass SkyBlue. Can you please a sample tough Q???
  • mzx380mzx380 ITIL, ACA, CCNA, Linux+, VCP-DCV, PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM New YorkMember Posts: 453 ■■■■□□□□□□
    SkyBlue wrote: »
    Today, I appeared for the (ISC)² CCSP exam and passed!

    Overall the exam was tough. Initially I was feeling that I am going to pass it easily but later it was much more difficult. I would say, available study materials will not cover everything but you have to apply your knowledge to analyze the situation and respond with the best suitable choice.

    Study Materials:

    1) I attended an (ISC)² live online training
    2) The Official (ISC)² Guide to the CCSP CBK 2nd Edition - Adam Gordon
    3) CCSP (ISC)² Certified Cloud Security Professional Official Study Guide - Sybex and Practice Exams from Sybex
    4) CCSP Certified Cloud Security Professional All-in-One Exam Guide - Daniel Carter (skimmed through) and Practice Exams (Total Tester)

    I also passed CCSK on May 11, 2017.

    Thanks
    SB

    Congrats on the pass. Would you mind letting me know how long you studied for before attempting this exam? Would be useful for me next year since I plan to appear for it.
    Thanks
    Certifications: ITIL, ACA, CCNA, Linux+, VCP-DCV, PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM
    Currently Working On: Microsoft 70-761 (SQL Server)
  • famidfamid Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations and well done!
    Is the ISC training a valuable investment?
  • SkyBlueSkyBlue Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
    mzx380 wrote: »
    Congrats on the pass. Would you mind letting me know how long you studied for before attempting this exam? Would be useful for me next year since I plan to appear for it.
    Thanks

    I believe, the time I took will not be the same for others. It is each individual's understanding of the topics covered for the exam. I started my online live training at the beginning of March, 2017.

    Thanks
  • SkyBlueSkyBlue Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Anyone submitted CCSP endorsement on new online system? When I was submitting, it did not take myself as endorser and then I checked ISC2 as endorser. I talked to a certification consultant from ISC2 and he suggested to do that when he also mentioned that as I have CISSP in good standing, they will not go to verify experience. I submitted this on 6/6, online system is saying it make take 4 weeks! and email from ISC2 endorsement stating 6 weeks!

    I appreciate any response.

    Thanks
    SB
  • Mike7Mike7 Member Posts: 1,101 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Here's the timeline for my CCSP endorsement

    22nd March: Submitted endorsement. Also checked ISC2 as endorser, uploaded CISSP cert and mentioned that the use of CISSP for experience waiver.
    14th April: CCSP endorsed email received
    20th April: Digital badge issued

    It takes about 3+ weeks for endorsement so I guess you may get the endorsement email around end June early July.
  • SkyBlueSkyBlue Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Mike7 wrote: »
    Here's the timeline for my CCSP endorsement

    22nd March: Submitted endorsement. Also checked ISC2 as endorser, uploaded CISSP cert and mentioned that the use of CISSP for experience waiver.
    14th April: CCSP endorsed email received
    20th April: Digital badge issued

    It takes about 3+ weeks for endorsement so I guess you may get the endorsement email around end June early July.

    Thank you @Mike7
Sign In or Register to comment.