Options

Strategy Certification

mzx380mzx380 Member Posts: 453 ■■■■□□□□□□
Anyone know of any descent certifications on IT strategy or business strategy in general?
Certifications: ITIL, ACA, CCNA, Linux+, VCP-DCV, PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM
Currently Working On: Microsoft 70-761 (SQL Server)

Comments

• Options
    UncleBUncleB Member Posts: 417
    mzx380 wrote: »
    Anyone know of any descent certifications on IT strategy or business strategy in general?

That is a very broad subject - for example there is an ITIL course in Service Strategy or the TOGAF course in IT architecture that has broad swathes on strategy - or other courses in security strategy etc - can you be more specific?

It is so broad that to cover it even at a highish level you are probably better off taking an MBA and learning some useful supplimentary skills rather than looking at a quick fix of a course - doing it right at a broad level needs a wide range of skills that one course just won't cover well enough.
  • Options
    mzx380mzx380 Member Posts: 453 ■■■■□□□□□□
    UncleB wrote: »
    That is a very broad subject - for example there is an ITIL course in Service Strategy or the TOGAF course in IT architecture that has broad swathes on strategy - or other courses in security strategy etc - can you be more specific?

It is so broad that to cover it even at a highish level you are probably better off taking an MBA and learning some useful supplimentary skills rather than looking at a quick fix of a course - doing it right at a broad level needs a wide range of skills that one course just won't cover well enough.

Makes sense which is why I'm in an MBA program right now. I just wanted to augment my skills from what I've learned and provide another form of validation to employers.

Thanks Uncle B!
    Certifications: ITIL, ACA, CCNA, Linux+, VCP-DCV, PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM
    Currently Working On: Microsoft 70-761 (SQL Server)
  • Options
    UncleBUncleB Member Posts: 417
    It would help your planning a lot if you had an area of interest to guide your study focus.

To this end, are you interested in:
    setting business strategy - in which case the MBA is all that matters
    setting IT strategy - get TOGAF practitioner and possibly ITIL Expert certified
    setting project strategy - look at PMP and PgMP for project and program management
    etc

If you don't have a focus yet then start thinking about one would be my recommendation.