Options

CRISC Scheduled for 6/21

JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
Well fresh off the heels of knocking out the CISM and CISA in 30 days, I'm taking advantage of the awesome test window system to knock out the CRISC next. The date isn't ideal as I wanted it closer to the 30th but this is all they had. It's not a concern because there are only 500 QAE DB questions and the book is only 200 pages (probably 140 of actual material). The content is more in line with what I do and seems easy to me. Already got 70 on the first small question set I did.

As a note of caution, you cannot see available test slots at PSI until you've paid for the exam and go to schedule. What if there are no dates left that work for you? ISACA charges $200 to slide to another test window. I'm interested in knowing how they handle that. We should not be penalized if there's a lack of availability.

This will be the last ISACA cert I go for. Maybe next year I'll look at the CGEIT, but without being able to get a small sample question set, I don't want to start studying for it and then decide I'm not interested. I do deal with some governance in my job, but I just don't feel the need to go for it.
Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
Next Up:​ OSCP
Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework

Comments

• Options
    tphan3tphan3 Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good luck to you! I don't even know if I want to do CRISC. There are just simply too many certs to think about lol.
  • Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Thanks tphan3! Yea thankfully the CISM, CISA and CRISC relate to work I've done in the past, and most definitely my current role. I've just decided I'm getting sick of the non-practical type of certs and since my manager told me to just expense all of it I decided to go on a tear and knock them out. Also ISACA finally moving to CBT and flex scheduling was a part of it. So after I knock out the CRISC, I'll go and do the PMP, CSM and CCSK and then I think I done with that type of stuff. I'll be starting my pursuit of dev and pentesting knowledge. I like to work on stuff I can pick up my laptop and sit on the couch and work on lol.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    vynxvynx Member Posts: 153 ■■□□□□□□□□
    JoJoCal19 wrote: »
    Well fresh off the heels of knocking out the CISM and CISA in 30 days, I'm taking advantage of the awesome test window system to knock out the CRISC next. The date isn't ideal as I wanted it closer to the 30th but this is all they had. It's not a concern because there are only 500 QAE DB questions and the book is only 200 pages (probably 140 of actual material). The content is more in line with what I do and seems easy to me. Already got 70 on the first small question set I did.

As a note of caution, you cannot see available test slots at PSI until you've paid for the exam and go to schedule. What if there are no dates left that work for you? ISACA charges $200 to slide to another test window. I'm interested in knowing how they handle that. We should not be penalized if there's a lack of availability.

This will be the last ISACA cert I go for. Maybe next year I'll look at the CGEIT, but without being able to get a small sample question set, I don't want to start studying for it and then decide I'm not interested. I do deal with some governance in my job, but I just don't feel the need to go for it.

i got worst than this, i got schedule for CRISC exam early june, but when near the date, suddenly PSI cancelled that,
    i reschedule to mid of june, and now PSI said its cancel, its 2nd time cancel by PSI, should i also pay 200 USD because "funny" thing done by PSI ?
    is there any guarantee that if i pay 200 USD then i got schedule and there is no funny thing anymore by PSI ?
  • Options
    should we also pay 200 USD for another window if the cancellation is by PSI and there is no test center anymore open at the timeframe?
  • Options
    Rehana44Rehana44 Member Posts: 30 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hi All, My CRISC exam is scheduled during this late June. Could anybody please tell me when and how will i receive my admit card to the exam center?
  • Options
    Hi,
    as far i know before you can schedule the exam, you need to pay first.
  • Options
    Yes only after payment you will be directed to schedule the exam..
  • Options
    so whats your question before ? i dont understand .. can you explain more clearly ?
  • Options
    My question is.. when will we receive admit card to the exam? is it a week before exam? What documents should we carry to the exam centre like government issued Identity card, admit card,...?