Options

How is the job market in your area?

13»

Comments

• Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Phalanx wrote: »
    UK seems to have a real drought of IT professionals from what I can see. I got almost jumped on when my CV went online, and when I was offered my first job, I got immediately headhunted by another company who was interviewing me who added over £10k to my wage just to secure me. Come to the UK! ;)

Man, I've seen some of the wages from high-level recruiters over there and it feel way lower than here. Sr Risk Managers offering £70-80k a year, experienced pentesters at £40-60k. Not sure if it was just the jobs they had, but seems low for London which is high COL.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    PhalanxPhalanx Member Posts: 331 ■■■□□□□□□□
    JoJoCal19 wrote: »
    Man, I've seen some of the wages from high-level recruiters over there and it feel way lower than here. Sr Risk Managers offering £70-80k a year, experienced pentesters at £40-60k. Not sure if it was just the jobs they had, but seems low for London which is high COL.

Not sure where you're looking buddy, but my contacts are around the £90k+ per year mark, with Junior or Standard coming in at between £65-85k. Not sure on pentesters.
    Client & Security: Microsoft 365 Modern Desktop Administrator Associate | MCSE: Mobility
    Server & Networking: MCSA: Windows Server 2016 | MTA: Networking Fundamentals
    Data Privacy & Project/Service Management: PECB GDPR DPO/Practitioner | ITIL 2011: Foundation | CompTIA Project+
    Currently Studying: Microsoft 365 Enterprise Administrator Expert