Options

C|EH Journey (Beginner)

Kennykude06Kennykude06 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
I just passed my security + and I decided to begin this journey. I first wanted to know what is the process/requirements for registering for this exam. Also, can you all suggest materials which you deemed useful on your similar journey? What were your study arrangements?

Comments

• Options
    hal9k2hal9k2 Member Posts: 77 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I wanted to start similar post, but seen this without answer. So is here anyone who could answer this question?

I am interested especially in materials, and other useful tips for this exam.
  • Options
    TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Have you visited the EC Council website? That's the best source for the requirements. You gotta do some searching on your own, especially when it comes to the easy stuff.
  • Options
    CalibraCalibra Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi

I am due to sit the exam very soon.
    I originally used CBT nuggets which was pretty good
    I then managed to get a deal on the official EC-Council courseware and iLabs.

The courseware is a pain. I never used it in the end due to the issues with the software being locked down.
    The iLabs were OK. They gave me access to the tools in a secure environment.
    The videos were OK but most of the time the text seemed out of focus. I guess this is to stop you copying it down.

I started the Boson's questions and found a lot of stuff not covered in the EC-Council course.

If I did it again, I would only get the iLabs.

James

The
  • Options
    hal9k2hal9k2 Member Posts: 77 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Calibra wrote: »
    Hi

I am due to sit the exam very soon.
    I originally used CBT nuggets which was pretty good
    I then managed to get a deal on the official EC-Council courseware and iLabs.

The courseware is a pain. I never used it in the end due to the issues with the software being locked down.
    The iLabs were OK. They gave me access to the tools in a secure environment.
    The videos were OK but most of the time the text seemed out of focus. I guess this is to stop you copying it down.

I started the Boson's questions and found a lot of stuff not covered in the EC-Council course.

If I did it again, I would only get the iLabs.

James

The

Thanks for the answer James

I am lost what I actually need to buy in order to get this done. I don't have two years job experience so I understand that I need to:

1. Get some accredited by EC Council training (I prefer self paced online) something like: or this:
    ...after that I can attend exam so next...

2. Buy exam voucher

Materials, you wrote that courseware is a pain and you never used, but I assume you get it in order to pass that two years job experience requirement?

BTW. That iLabs you mention are in the this courseware or you need to buy it separately?

That's very unclear compared to Security+
  • Options
    CalibraCalibra Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi

I purchased the complete course as I got a Black Friday deal.

PDF Pack, which they upgraded to another product. It locks your PC down so you can't use capture tools like snipping tool.
    iLabs
    Video training.

The PDF is just a copy of the slides used in the video training. Most of the slides in the video training where out of focus.
    I did not use the PDF's because having those open with the Video training and iLabs took up too much real estate on my monitor.

James