Options

CISM Passed/Observation of ISACAs' Exams

AuditDudeAuditDude Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
My timeline: purchased the CISM Review Questions & Answers online subscription on 6/5/2017, took the exam this morning (6/15/2017). Slightly under 20 hours worth of study time, per the subscription, which tracks time spent answering questions. At the end of the computer based test, I was given a "preliminary pass."

This is the 3rd ISACA exam I have taken and passed, all on the first try, all taking under 75 minutes to complete. If your intention is to take more than one ISACA exam, I would recommend not waiting to long in between exams, as to leverage the similarity and complementary nature of the questions across exams.

Comments

• Options
    talbert80talbert80 Member Posts: 29 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations, AuditDude! Did you receive your official result yet? I took the CISM exam today (6/30/17) and had a preliminary 'passed' as well. I used the following ISACA Publications:
    - Business Model for Information Security (BMIS)
    - Information Security Governance: Guidance for Boards of Directors and Executive Management
    - COBIT 5 Implementation
    - COBIT 5 for Information Security
    - one chapter of the CISM Review Manual 15th Edition ebook (very dry)

I also reviewed the NIST Business Continuity, Risk Management, and Incident Response Handling Guides (know the process in each NIST publications!) and Cybrary CISM video course. I reviewed the CCCURE practice test engine, but read more into the governance, risk, and compliance publications.

I studied a good ten days before the test. I have the CISSP, SSCP, HCISPP, COBIT 5 Foundation and Implementation certifications. I also recommend taking ISACA exams close together. Many of the exams have similar flow. The same goes for ISC2 exams. I took the CISSP in April 2015 and failed the first time (tried using work experience to answer questions...), took the SSCP that same weekend, the HCISPP in July, and passed the CISSP in September.
  • Options
    Congratulations on the pass!

Today's July 5th and have not received my official results. I'll wait until Friday to follow-up with ISACA.
  • Options
    AuditDude wrote: »
    Congratulations on the pass!

Today's July 5th and have not received my official results. I'll wait until Friday to follow-up with ISACA.

Thanks! It was fairly easy, very similar to COBIT 5 Implementation exam last year. No results yet? Have you looked online in your ISACA account?
  • Options
    No official results yet, not via email or on my ISACA profile. I submitted an inquiry and received the message below...that was Wednesday...it's late in the afternoon here in CA and nothing yet.

--

Thank you for contacting ISACA! This is an automated reply to let you know we have received your inquiry.

We are experiencing higher than usual volumes and are working as quickly as possible on getting back to you (within 3 business days).
  • Options
    Spoke too soon, just got the following email response from ISACA....

--

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to the ISACA team.

I apologize for your results never being emailed. This was a system glitch on our end. I have updated your results and they are now available from your MyISACA and MyCertifications page.
    Congratulations !
  • Options
    Awesome! I checked the site today. It is down for maintenance. Have you started your application yet?