Options

CRISC Pass

clarkincnetclarkincnet Member Posts: 256 ■■■□□□□□□□
I took the CRISC exam today and got the "provisionally passed" result.

My training consisted of the following:

Megamind training
NY ISACA Chapter Training with Jay Ranade
Official Book
Official Questions

My experience:
I signed up for a two class bundle from Megamind Training - one pre-recorded Exam Prep class and one live Exam Prep class. The pre-recorded class was fine - I watched the videos over the course of two weeks. The live class was scheduled for the first of May, so I selected my test date to be a week after the live class to give me time to study. Two or three weeks before the live class was to start, I was told the class had to be rescheduled – until 30 days later. Although I didn’t want to push off the test until June because of kids and summer, I changed my exam date to be a month later to correspond with the class change. For the trouble, Megamind gave me access to another live CRISC class (The CRISC Boot Camp) – which was excellent. Two or three weeks before the re-scheduled class was to begin, I received notification that they had canceled the original live Exam Prep class that I had paid for. For my trouble (again), they gave me access to another pre-recorded Exam Prep class. So, I paid for 1 live class and 1 pre-recorded class, and I received 2 pre-recorded classes and a live class. Although this pushed my exam date from early May to mid-June, I feel Megamind went above and beyond to try to make things right.

The Jay Ranade class was exactly what I thought it would be – it mirrored the CISM class I took last year. The list of Axioms was nice, as was the list of list of all the questions and answers Jay has received over the last number of years from previous classes. Jay is a very respected and knowledgeable individual, but I felt like the CISM and CRISC classes were too similar. I wouldn’t do this extra class again.

Having taken two classes from both Krag Broby and Jay Ranade for CISM and CRISC, I can honestly say that I prefer Krag at Megamind Training. His advice is spot on for training your mind to think the way ISACA words the test questions, and that’s consistently been the hardest part of these exams – not the material – but the insane way the questions are worded.

I thought the CRISC book was better than the CISM book, which isn’t saying much. I couldn’t force myself to finish reading the CISM book, but I read the CRISC book twice. I finished all but about 60 of the practice exam questions – it got to the point that some of the practice questions were so nitpicky that I figured it wasn’t worth my energy trying to figure out how they could arrive at the answer they gave.

The exam was about what I expected. Surprisingly, I had plenty of time for CRISC, whereas I used all but 2 minutes of my exam time for the CISM. I’m glad to be done. I don’t know if I’ll go for the CGEIT or not. If I do, it will be after the PMP that I have scheduled for this fall. I just don’t know if I can do another ISACA exam…
Give a hacker an exploit, and they will have access for a day, BUT teach them to phish, and they will have access for the rest of their lives!

Have: CISSP, CISM, CRISC, CGEIT, ITIL-F

Comments

• Options
    vynxvynx Member Posts: 153 ■■□□□□□□□□
    i just want to know, for the preliminary result pass / not pass, it will be our final result or can be change?for example in preliminary result said pass then the final result will not pass or vice versa ?
  • Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Congrats on the pass!!! I take my exam on Wednesday.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    1Sep19691Sep1969 Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    vynx wrote: »
    i just want to know, for the preliminary result pass / not pass, it will be our final result or can be change?for example in preliminary result said pass then the final result will not pass or vice versa ?

I can confirm that the final result won't be different.
  • Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    Rehana44Rehana44 Member Posts: 30 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I took the CRISC exam today and got the "provisionally passed" result.

My training consisted of the following:

Megamind training
    NY ISACA Chapter Training with Jay Ranade
    Official Book
    Official Questions

My experience:
    I signed up for a two class bundle from Megamind Training - one pre-recorded Exam Prep class and one live Exam Prep class. The pre-recorded class was fine - I watched the videos over the course of two weeks. The live class was scheduled for the first of May, so I selected my test date to be a week after the live class to give me time to study. Two or three weeks before the live class was to start, I was told the class had to be rescheduled – until 30 days later. Although I didn’t want to push off the test until June because of kids and summer, I changed my exam date to be a month later to correspond with the class change. For the trouble, Megamind gave me access to another live CRISC class (The CRISC Boot Camp) – which was excellent. Two or three weeks before the re-scheduled class was to begin, I received notification that they had canceled the original live Exam Prep class that I had paid for. For my trouble (again), they gave me access to another pre-recorded Exam Prep class. So, I paid for 1 live class and 1 pre-recorded class, and I received 2 pre-recorded classes and a live class. Although this pushed my exam date from early May to mid-June, I feel Megamind went above and beyond to try to make things right.

The Jay Ranade class was exactly what I thought it would be – it mirrored the CISM class I took last year. The list of Axioms was nice, as was the list of list of all the questions and answers Jay has received over the last number of years from previous classes. Jay is a very respected and knowledgeable individual, but I felt like the CISM and CRISC classes were too similar. I wouldn’t do this extra class again.

Having taken two classes from both Krag Broby and Jay Ranade for CISM and CRISC, I can honestly say that I prefer Krag at Megamind Training. His advice is spot on for training your mind to think the way ISACA words the test questions, and that’s consistently been the hardest part of these exams – not the material – but the insane way the questions are worded.

I thought the CRISC book was better than the CISM book, which isn’t saying much. I couldn’t force myself to finish reading the CISM book, but I read the CRISC book twice. I finished all but about 60 of the practice exam questions – it got to the point that some of the practice questions were so nitpicky that I figured it wasn’t worth my energy trying to figure out how they could arrive at the answer they gave.

The exam was about what I expected. Surprisingly, I had plenty of time for CRISC, whereas I used all but 2 minutes of my exam time for the CISM. I’m glad to be done. I don’t know if I’ll go for the CGEIT or not. If I do, it will be after the PMP that I have scheduled for this fall. I just don’t know if I can do another ISACA exam…

Is there any change in the number of questions and time duration of exam for CBT? 200 qns in 4 hours am i correct?
  • Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Rehana44 wrote: »
    Is there any change in the number of questions and time duration of exam for CBT? 200 qns in 4 hours am i correct?

150 in 4 hours per the exam guide.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    1Sep1969 wrote: »
    I can confirm that the final result won't be different.
    i just want to know, if the passing score is 450, and you get score 449, what to do another of retake exam ?
  • Options
    Capo79Capo79 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    At least the CISM and CISA exams are aimed at personell wth 3-5 years of expeience. I provisonally passed the CISM-exam earlier this June having read the manual half way spending a maximum of five hours reading and taking practice questions. No classes or courses. I finished the test in about 2,5 hours. It was in english, which isn't my native language.

I have more than 10 years of exerience with infosec governance & internal control, IT-audit and risk management, and I must say the exam was rather easy. Having said that, I am in NO way one of those A grade students. My point is; with enough experience, these exams wil be passed without a ton of effort.
  • Options
    Took my exam today. And the result is PASS.
  • Options

congratz
  • Options
    clarkincnetclarkincnet Member Posts: 256 ■■■□□□□□□□

Awesome! Congrats!
    Give a hacker an exploit, and they will have access for a day, BUT teach them to phish, and they will have access for the rest of their lives!

Have: CISSP, CISM, CRISC, CGEIT, ITIL-F
  • Options