Options

Passed CISM

cfirstencfirsten Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
Yeah so I got lucky again and passed this one too. Didn't study at all, a little bit, maybe 150 questions from a 2014 manual. I did like the manual, contrary to everyone here, but I was too lazy to go through with it.

Didn't have the money to get the QA db that they have online. Didn't want to spend it more like it. Test was difficult for me, way less technical questions than CISSP. 90% of the questions have the word risk in them or they treat/question risk. I was sure of about 10-20 of them. No tcp, vpn, or any technical at all, had about 2-3 with PKI, who's key you use to blah, blah.

Tips for the exam takers: my nature is to look for flaws and as such if you go to the survey page during the exam the timer stops and you can do whatever, restroom and so on. Questions are difficult, they give you a scrap paper and pencil. You can open multiple tabs in the browser while taking the exam. Don't bother searching for the questions online because you won't find any. My pc was unlocked, interface wise, could launch anything and do everthying I wanted.

I liked my testing center, quiet, peaceful. I was done in about 2 hours and took another hour to go through some flagged but I got soooo bored had to get out of there.

Overall experience I liked it, they do have to put some work into securing the interface but it was pretty straight forward with me. I'll probably take another Isaca exam when they drop the price back to 6xx :).

Good luck to you all!!!

Comments

• Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Congrats on the pass. Question, where are you located? I only paid $575 for the exam as an ISACA member. And if I would have booked farther in advance I would only have paid $525.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    cfirstencfirsten Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    JoJoCal19 wrote: »
    Congrats on the pass. Question, where are you located? I only paid $575 for the exam as an ISACA member. And if I would have booked farther in advance I would only have paid $525.

I'm on the west coast man. I didn't want to pay that annual membership crap either, $185 a year, really?!!! What for?!! That's why you got it cheaper because you're paying the membership and in addition you have to pay the maintenance fee also. Don't know for sure but they'd be stupid to let you get away with that, not paying the maintenance and including it in the membership. That's why we all pass, they need the money from us, LOL!!!

I'd pay the membership if they'd waive the annual maintenance, I pay $85 for the CISSP, 2x$85 now for this CISA and CISM. What for?? I passed the exam give me a break, they're all poor managers and want to squeeze you for everything you got, because they can't manage their money correctly.

I paid 6xx for CISA a few good months in advance, I actually got convinced by this forum to take the CISM after they upped the fee from $6xx to $710. I read one post on here and the guy said he's glad that his work pays for his conferences and he'll pick up the bill for the exams. I'd just came back from RSA, paid by work, and put the two and two together and decided to pay out of pocket. Not that I learned anything from the RSA conference either, but I got to meet my idols, Robert Graham, Kevin Poulsen and Ira Winkler the most notorious cockroach alive ROFL!!!

It is a robbery if you ask me, I didn't learn anything from this exams, it's just a written statement that I know what I know, learned very few things while studying for these exams. Oh well.... I was a little scared during the exam, thought of the $700 that I was going to lose if I didn't pass :).