Options

Ceh exam passed

ns_frankns_frank Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
SOOO I passed my CEH exam... Was pretty fair and felt like I was really prepared. I wrote a blog for anyone that wants any tips and study material suggestions. Whooo Hooo! Certificated Ethical Hacker signing off.

My blog is at https://simplysecure.blog/2017/06/20/how-i-passed-the-ceh-exam/

Feel free to check out my other blogs. Thanks!!!

Comments

• Options
    p@r0tuXusp@r0tuXus Member Posts: 532 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Hey, Congrats! Wish I could have gotten my voucher before the end of this month. Not looking forward to a $250 price raise on this cert.
    Update:
    I read your blog post and aside from the fact that your K.I.S.S. acronym is mispelled (consistently) the part you mentioned about having 5 years experience in the CCISO domains doesn't appear accurate for the CEH. It appears to be relevant to the CCISO exam. Unless I'm mistaken, the CEH eligibility requires 2 years of information security experience, which needs to be detailed on the eligibility application. Did you do something different or is my understanding incorrect?
    Completed: ITIL-F, A+, S+, CCENT, CCNA R|S
    In Progress: Linux+/LPIC-1, Python, Bash
    Upcoming: eJPT, C|EH, CSA+, CCNA-Sec, PA-ACE
  • Options
    YES the price increase is total BS!!! I'm glad I took mine a few weeks back. and crap can't believe that I didn't catch that error. I just updated it. Thanks. I owe you one!
  • Options
    Captain_DeadpoolCaptain_Deadpool Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
    p@r0tuXus wrote: »
    Hey, Congrats! Wish I could have gotten my voucher before the end of this month. Not looking forward to a $250 price raise on this cert.
    Update:
    I read your blog post and aside from the fact that your K.I.S.S. acronym is mispelled (consistently) the part you mentioned about having 5 years experience in the CCISO domains doesn't appear accurate for the CEH. It appears to be relevant to the CCISO exam. Unless I'm mistaken, the CEH eligibility requires 2 years of information security experience, which needs to be detailed on the eligibility application. Did you do something different or is my understanding incorrect?

You can also take a ec-council approved class for CEH. That will wave the 2 years of experience.
  • Options
    SaSkillerSaSkiller Member Posts: 337 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Question OP, the exam questions, are they still in broken english or have grammar issues?
    OSWP, GPEN, GWAPT, GCIH, CPT, CCENT, CompTIA Trio.
  • Options
    Broken in English.