Options

Passed 901 Yesterday for First IT Cert! On to 902! Any Tips?

cindy907cindy907 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
I passed 901 yesterday! It is my first IT cert, I have very little experience in IT but I passed after studying hard for a few months. I used exam cram and Professor Messers videos that I would listen to on my commute. I am going to try to test for 902 two months from now using the same methods :) If anyone has any suggestions on other resources to use please post, thanks!

Comments

• Options
    khaledit2015khaledit2015 Member Posts: 42 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulation continue
  • Options
    khaledit2015khaledit2015 Member Posts: 42 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulation
  • Options
    davec8080davec8080 Member Posts: 53 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You've already found what works for you. Stick to it. The first time I tested A+ many years ago, I used a Mike Meyers book to study. I ACED the tests. This time around, I need a CE cert (a couple of them) for my job. I used the Mike Meyers book (latest edition) but I also used Lynda Mike Meyers video training. I passed 901 this morning. I like Mike Meyers. It's what works for me. You say you used Exam cram and professor messer videos (on your commute) FANTASTIC. I couldn't do that, as professor messer would put me to sleep behind the wheel. (oooops!) HaHa...
    Something you need to be aware of is that the pass rate for each A+ exam is 20%...and it used to be a lot lower than that. In your post, you imply that you passed 220-901 on the first try, which is better than most people do. In other words, you have your study system working well for you, do not change a thing...
  • Options
    Cert PoorCert Poor Member Posts: 240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    @cindy907, congrats! Good luck on the 902.
    davec8080 wrote: »
    Something you need to be aware of is that the pass rate for each A+ exam is 20%...and it used to be a lot lower than that. In your post, you imply that you passed 220-901 on the first try, which is better than most people do.

Curious, do you have a source for this number?
    In progress: MTA: Database Fundamentals (98-364)
    Next up: CompTIA Cloud Essentials+ (CLO-002) or LPI Linux Essentials (010-160)
    Earned: CompTIA A+, Net+, Sec+, Server+, Proj+
    ITIL-F v3 2011 | ServiceNow CSA, CAD, CIS | CWNP CWTS
  • Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    cindy907cindy907 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I passed 902 yesterday :) I used Exam Cram and Professor Messer with some apps to study on the fly. I listened to the videos while driving in my car, and listened to the again after I go the hang of things. Thanks everyone!
  • Options
    hunterthuntert Banned Posts: 231