Options

Passed CISM

Teddyp15Teddyp15 Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
First of all I would like to thank this community as I have been lurking her since 2007.

CISM QAE Database *Major Key - DJ Khaled Voice*** - I studied the DB until I saw all of the questions and I answered them correctly while working to understand the concepts. It really helped on the test, because I saw how one word could completely change the answer. After completing the DB, I took 5 full practice tests scoring in the high 80s.

Advice

Grind hard on the database until you know the concepts. I was scoring in the 40s at first, but it was just a learning curve.

Don't give up. If I can pass, then anyone can pass.

What's Next?
CEH, CRISC, AWS-CSA, CCSP.. Not sure of the order yet

I also used:
Cybrary CISM Course
AreCyber CISM Videos

Comments

• Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Congrats on the pass! Question, has the CSM helped you in your career at all?
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats!
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • Options
    GmcdevittGmcdevitt Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    What's the DB? Is that the questions Isaca have on their site? I just passed my CISSP and was going to go next level ISSMP but seems like CISM is better option
  • Options
    PS - Congrats!
  • Options
    Gmcdevitt wrote: »
    What's the DB? Is that the questions Isaca have on their site? I just passed my CISSP and was going to go next level ISSMP but seems like CISM is better option

Yes, The DB is the QAE Database. Just go through all of the questions a few times and really master the concepts. You will do fine!

When looking at the next cert, think about what you want to do and marketability. To test marketability, search for the specific cert on job search engine ex."indeed.com", Look at how many jobs are requesting this particular cert. CISM shows up way more than the ISSMP.

CISM @ 2,852 jobs
    ISSMP @ 52 Jobs

Just food for thought
  • Options
    Thanks. Great point.
  • Options
    Dgaines755Dgaines755 Registered Users Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    What is the QEA DB and where can I get this at? New to this site. I am currently studying for CISM.
  • Options
    clarkincnetclarkincnet Member Posts: 256 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats
    Give a hacker an exploit, and they will have access for a day, BUT teach them to phish, and they will have access for the rest of their lives!

Have: CISSP, CISM, CRISC, CGEIT, ITIL-F
  • Options
    Dgaines755 wrote: »
    What is the QEA DB and where can I get this at? New to this site. I am currently studying for CISM.

Hi Dgaines755,

This is the Database provided by ISACA for the CISM. It is available for purchase on their website. It is a very valuable resource and worth the every penny. Good Luck acing the CISM. I know you'll do well.
  • Options
    Dgaines755Dgaines755 Registered Users Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you! I am going to purchase that today and study the questions. I am looking at videos on FEDVTE also which is very valuable information. I have the 15th series guide as well for CISM but it seems to be better for reference than an actual study source
  • Options
    BillHooBillHoo Member Posts: 207 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Aside from the database, what books did you use? Any?
  • Options
    CryptoQueCryptoQue Member Posts: 204 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats and thanks for the study info. I wasn't aware of their database.
  • Options
    BillHoo wrote: »
    Aside from the database, what books did you use? Any?

Didn't use any books. If I was stuck on a concept, I googled the information. Honestly, studying the questions & answers in the DB to understand the justification for the correct answer being the right choice and the others being incorrect was like reading a book to me.

CryptoQue wrote:
    Congrats and thanks for the study info. I wasn't aware of their database.

Yes, very valuable resource. It challenges you to know the content. Good Luck on the exam!
  • Options
    E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,229 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations on the pass!

I'm currently using the QAE db and my average score is 66%. I have more work to do.
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS