Passed Sec+

vfr clownvfr clown Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
I passed the Sec+ on my first attempt. I used Testout Labsim and some of uCertify, Darril Gibson book, CBT nuggets w/ Keith Barker, and notes/tips from here. I had 7 sims out of 72 q. I started studying seriously in April, 20h+ a week. I found the wording of the questions to be very confusing. I was a bit frustrated that I didn't get questions on some topics but multiple questions on others. I have several years in IT but mostly desktop or network oriented security. I am working on the CCNA security next.
AOS Computer Systems
AA General Studies
BSNOS - 2019

Comments

• p@r0tuXusp@r0tuXus Member Posts: 532 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good job, and good luck!
    Completed: ITIL-F, A+, S+, CCENT, CCNA R|S
    In Progress: Linux+/LPIC-1, Python, Bash
    Upcoming: eJPT, C|EH, CSA+, CCNA-Sec, PA-ACE
  • labscloudlabscloud Member Posts: 137 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Nice job man!!
  • NavyMooseCCNANavyMooseCCNA Member Posts: 544 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good Luck! Out of curiosity, why are you looking at CCNA Security over CCNA Cyber Ops?

'My dear you are ugly, but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly' Winston Churchil

• nisti2nisti2 Member Posts: 503 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Great job! Good luck!
    2020 Year goals:
    Already passed: Oracle Cloud, AZ-900
    Taking AZ-104 in December.

"Certs... is all about IT certs!"
  • jazz_01jazz_01 Member Posts: 65 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Wow, congratulations! Thank you for sharing your feedback. :)
  • phariuspharius Member Posts: 71 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats! Great Job
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • D20D20 Member Posts: 124 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!!!
    Certifications: A+ Sec+ isc(2) CC Google Cybersecurity Certification 2024 Goals: Pass the Network+ Exam
  • twingo100twingo100 Member Posts: 20 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Well done, Im starting my Sec+ stidies today
  • Bluer_teamBluer_team Member Posts: 9 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!!
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • coffeeluvrcoffeeluvr Member Posts: 734 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congratulations!!
    "Something feels funny, I must be thinking too hard. - Pooh"