Options

Passed CEH (06/24)

averageguy72averageguy72 Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
Passed CEH (06/24)

Took me a little over 1.5 hrs.

Studying
Matt Walker AIO
Total Seminars CEH Practice Tests (included with book)
Pocket Prep App
LearnZapp App
Boson Practice Tests

Matt Walker AIO
I liked the book and his writing style. I feel like the book is enough to pass the exam. I also felt this (the book) was a good starting point to begin moving into this direction.

Total Seminars CEH Practice Tests (included with book)
Limited set of questions (300) but comparable to the exam in the type of the questions.

Pocket Prep App
Not too bad, information tested is valid for the test but the way it's presented is more trivia than the test.

LearnZapp App
These were from the Sybex book. They were ok but not close to the exam

Sybex Online Tests
Bigger question bank than the LearnZapp App (I think, if memory serves). Generally, a little easier than the actual exam.

Boson Practice Tests
Best practice tests, IMO. Although not exactly like the test, in terms of grammar, similar in terms of difficulty - not earth shattering but you need to understand the material decently.

Summary
This is the first certification I've done that had anything outside of Pearson registration to take the test. Getting eligibility approved wasn't very difficult, I know others have had problems getting through the eligibility process, but it only took a few days.
On to the test - as others have said, grammar is pretty bad at times. A couple of the questions had incorrect words, although you could infer what they actually meant after re-reading. A lot had log output jammed into a sentence rather than a listing below the question. I'm a slow reader, so re-reading questions often can expand the time needed for completing the test quite a bit for me. But once you get used to the grammar, it won't be that bad. The assessment on the web site is fair indicator of the wording of the questions.

I felt prepared for this one and I wouldn't place it in the "very difficult" category. But I do enjoy this type of material. I did read the AIO book a few months ago and switched over to CASP and was studying for the CISSP - trying to get them out of the way and then concentrate on pen testing - when I learned it was about to go up in price. I figured I'd go ahead and take it.

There are a lot of practice test engines listed here, I know. In hindsight, if I just wanted to pass the test, Boson + Total Seminars (included with AIO) would have been more than enough.

So, one more down and back to CISSP.
CISSP / CCSP / CCSK / CRISC / CISM / CISA / CASP / Security+ / Network+ / A+ / CEH / eNDP / AWS Certified Advanced Networking - Specialty / AWS Certified Security - Specialty / AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional / AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate / AWS Certified Developer - Associate / AWS Cloud Practitioner

Comments

• Options
    ChinaJesusChinaJesus Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello,

Congrats on passing the CEH exam, could you please assist with an access right on Boson test and Total Seminar.

Wishing you the best as you prepare for CISSP. I would be glad to send some CISSP resources to you if you need them..

Thanks
  • Options
    averageguy72averageguy72 Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Sorry, Boson exams can be bought from their website and the Total Seminar practice test come with the Matt Walker AIO book, which can be purchased on Amazon, etc...
    CISSP / CCSP / CCSK / CRISC / CISM / CISA / CASP / Security+ / Network+ / A+ / CEH / eNDP / AWS Certified Advanced Networking - Specialty / AWS Certified Security - Specialty / AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional / AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate / AWS Certified Developer - Associate / AWS Cloud Practitioner
  • Options
    useravuserav Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    [h=2]Congrats[/h]