Sec+ tomorrow :)

neilyhneilyh Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
afternoon all.

About to take the Sec+ tomorrow and am feeling more nervous that when I took (and passed) the CISSP...

Any last minute tips - I was just planning on listening to Prof Messer videos tonight for my weaker domain. Anything else worth noting?

Neil

Comments

• NavyMooseCCNANavyMooseCCNA Member Posts: 544 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Out of curiosity, why are you taking Security+ after earning your CISSP?

'My dear you are ugly, but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly' Winston Churchil

• neilyhneilyh Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    LOL - good question...

I planned to take the Sec+ as a pre-CISSP exam, but the training org mucked me about and over-booked me twice on the Sec+ boot camp, so I ended up doing CISSP first !! Not ideal but I passed so all cool...
  • SuperRed95SuperRed95 Member Posts: 13 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the cissp. Was it your experience that helped you pass the cissp? Did you pass it on the first try? Good luck on the security + !
    yes, CISSP at first attempt. I found the cybrary videos very helpful as well as the Sybex book.
  • boxerboy1168boxerboy1168 Member Posts: 395 ■■■□□□□□□□
    None of this makes sense....
    Currently enrolling into WGU's IT - Security Program. Working on LPIC (1,2,3) and CCNA (and S) as long term goals and preparing for the Security+ and A+ as short term goals.
  • NissekiNisseki Member Posts: 160
    If I were you, I wouldn't bother getting Security+ if you have a CISSP.
  • shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Well, how did you do?
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
  • SuperRed95SuperRed95 Member Posts: 13 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Pretty sure he passed if he had passed the cissp :p I'm currently studying cissp and there is so much to take in incomparison to my study for the sec+
    shochan wrote: »
    Well, how did you do?

Yep - all good. Passed with a 852, so WELL CHUFFED :)

Where to next - CCSP or CEH...
  • p@r0tuXusp@r0tuXus Member Posts: 532 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You still have time left now to make a purchase for the CEH. At the end of the day it goes up $250.
    Completed: ITIL-F, A+, S+, CCENT, CCNA R|S
    In Progress: Linux+/LPIC-1, Python, Bash
    Upcoming: eJPT, C|EH, CSA+, CCNA-Sec, PA-ACE
  • NavyMooseCCNANavyMooseCCNA Member Posts: 544 ■■■■□□□□□□
    neilyh wrote: »
    Yep - all good. Passed with a 852, so WELL CHUFFED :)

Where to next - CCSP or CEH...
    IMHO, I would go for CCSP.

'My dear you are ugly, but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly' Winston Churchil

IMHO, I would go for CCSP.

I think so. Seems to be increasing requested on job vacancies on this side of the pond.