Options

Rat race

13»

Comments

• Options
    ChevelChevel Member Posts: 211 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Aww man! I am sorry to read that. Is there a chance that you can change jobs? A good way to inspire you is to buy a Peloton bike. Wow, it has motivated me to the nth degree!

My uncle has a Peloton, lol he says he LOVES it.

Well my current job I won't have a choice lol ends this month. Wanted to be a veterinarian but when I worked as a vet tech, that changed quickly. I figured "I liked computers" and just sort of worked my way through the field ever since. Its not my passion but I can do the work and it pays well.
  • Options
    scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    Get the bike, so worth it. I hope you find what you are really interested in!
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • Options
    ChevelChevel Member Posts: 211 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Get the bike, so worth it. I hope you find what you are really interested in!

Only if you buy it for me icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    I am nice, but not that nice. LOL.
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • Options
    EagerDinosaurEagerDinosaur Member Posts: 114
    I wish some of my fellow rats in the office would race a bit more. Most of them are happy to spend most of their day sitting around doing not very much. It's the rats in competing companies and competing countries I worry about.
  • Options
    EANxEANx Member Posts: 1,077 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Find your passion. Working in a career you aren't passionate about is work, working in a career you are passionate about (especially with a good boss) is a day in the park. Find your passion.
  • Options
    PantherPanther Member Posts: 118 ■■■□□□□□□□
    To some degree I agree with OP, having been recently laid off. Rat race yes, competing with outsourcing, competing with younger, competing with more experienced, keeping up with technology, figuring out where or how do I fit in next, what if I guess wrong and going into Cloud or pursuing a WGU Master's is not a good ROI, ... it never ends.

I guess it never ends in any field I think. There's always more to learn and grow. So it can be a good thing. And last thing, never regret the decisions you make.

Then I think, why didn't I just go into nursing, where I heard employers are looking for you, versus you for them.
  • Options
    boxerboy1168boxerboy1168 Member Posts: 395 ■■■□□□□□□□
    UBI is coming don't worry.

The trucking industry automating will change the entire landscape of economy.
    Currently enrolling into WGU's IT - Security Program. Working on LPIC (1,2,3) and CCNA (and S) as long term goals and preparing for the Security+ and A+ as short term goals.