Options

Passed TOGAF® 9 Combined Part 1 and Part 2

SkyBlueSkyBlue Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
All,

I just passed TOGAF® 9 Combined Part 1 and Part 2 exam today. Part 1: 92% and Part 2: 95%.

I used the Official 3rd Edition of TOGAF® 9 Foundation and TOGAF® 9 Certified Study Guide. Total 3.5 weeks study time.

Now I am waiting for the official email from The Open Group.

TOGAF® exam information: TOGAF® Examinations | Certification and Accreditation

Thanks
SB

Comments

• Options
    clarkincnetclarkincnet Member Posts: 256 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    Give a hacker an exploit, and they will have access for a day, BUT teach them to phish, and they will have access for the rest of their lives!

Have: CISSP, CISM, CRISC, CGEIT, ITIL-F
  • Options
    gespensterngespenstern Member Posts: 1,243 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats! Was it tough compared to everything else?
  • Options
    SkyBlueSkyBlue Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Was it tough compared to everything else?

Everything in Part 1 is covered from Foundation study guide and The Open Group practice test is helpful. philz1982's
    notes from the below post is very useful.
    http://www.techexams.net/forums/general-certification/108689-lets-get-togaf-certified-2015-thread.html

Part 2 is tough as there is no straight answer for scenario question. You have to assess the scenario and think in TOGAF methodology to choose the best answer. Though there is an advantage:
    [FONT=&amp]This exam comprises 8 complex scenario questions, with gradient scoring. This exam is open book and covers the complete Level 2 learning outcomes. The correct answer scores 5 points, the second best answer 3 points, the third best answer 1 point. The distracter scores zero points. The pass mark is 60% (24 or more points out of a maximum of 40).[/FONT]

So, if one can guess and able to choose second best answer, still able to get 24 to pass it.
  • Options
    DatabaseHeadDatabaseHead Member Posts: 2,753 ■■■■■■■■■■
    SkyBlue wrote: »
    Everything in Part 1 is covered from Foundation study guide and The Open Group practice test is helpful. philz1982's
    notes from the below post is very useful.
    http://www.techexams.net/forums/general-certification/108689-lets-get-togaf-certified-2015-thread.html

Part 2 is tough as there is no straight answer for scenario question. You have to assess the scenario and think in TOGAF methodology to choose the best answer. Though there is an advantage:

So, if one can guess and able to choose second best answer, still able to get 24 to pass it.

Congrats, truly an enterprise level certification.......

You can't get hired on as an architect at my company without a certification and strong understanding of SOA or TOGAF. It most certainly is a big boy certification.
  • Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Congrats on the pass!!! I'm working on the PMP right now, but TOGAF is next on my list. As DatabaseHead said, it's a big boy cert and I see it asked for in a lot of high level jobs.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    Cisco InfernoCisco Inferno Member Posts: 1,034 ■■■■■■□□□□
    congrats. I wrote a few papers on TOGAF framework for my IT mgmt minor. I used the foundation for help.

To be honest it was super boring! but when you realize why these things and other enterprise architectures are the way they are, everything makes sense.
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree
  • Options
    shimasenseishimasensei Member Posts: 241 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Nice one, congratulations!
    Current: BSc IT + CISSP, CCNP:RS, CCNA:Sec, CCNA:RS, CCENT, Sec+, P+, A+, L+/LPIC-1, CSSS, VCA6-DCV, ITILv3:F, MCSA:Win10
    Future Plans: MSc + PMP, CCIE/NPx, GIAC...
  • Options
    Just a side note, it's not uncommon for architects to only possess these types of certifications. Not sure why that is, but it is........

Maybe they are omitting their old certifications?
  • Options
    Had my friend look at architect positions on his companies internal site and sure enough, more SOA and TOGAF requirements. Don't see a lot of these on the outside, but in the inside they are requested.
  • Options
    https://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=TOGAF&l=

If you have aspirations to become a architect this certification has got to be a must.
  • Options
    LordQarlynLordQarlyn Member Posts: 693 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Definitely on my to do list!
    https://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=TOGAF&l=

If you have aspirations to become a architect this certification has got to be a must.
  • Options
    LordQarlynLordQarlyn Member Posts: 693 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congrats! That is quite an accomplishment!
    All,

I just passed TOGAF® 9 Combined Part 1 and Part 2 exam today. Part 1: 92% and Part 2: 95%.

I used the Official 3rd Edition of TOGAF® 9 Foundation and TOGAF® 9 Certified Study Guide. Total 3.5 weeks study time.

Thanks
    SB
  • Options
    rasli79rasli79 Member Posts: 61 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Super Achievement!
    Congratulation SB

Will you share, how long your study plan for both certifications?
    All,

Thanks
    SB
  • Options
    certv9certv9 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Anyone passed TOGAF recently. Could you please share your experience.
  • Options
    abhisheksenatorabhisheksenator Member Posts: 10 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi certv9,

I passed TOGAF (both levels) recently in June 2018.
    As far as prep is concerned, Official study guides from the Open Group are sufficient.
    Part 2 is slightly difficult as questions are screnario based and you cannot pass without line by line reading of the guide.
    But good part is you do not need to memorize all the stuff, just need to have a broader idea of TOGAF ADM and then search through the PDF given in the exam. But do not rely entirely on the PDF as searching for too many trivial things in exam will eat away your time.
    TOGAF practice tests available with both the official study guides are quite helpful.
    I found that the sample questions at the open arch website are irrelevant and do not represent the TOGAF level 2 exam in any manner. Refer to the official practice test only.
    Let me know if you have any specific questions around preparation.

Thanks