Options

210-260 Study Materials?

mjnk77mjnk77 Member Posts: 164 ■■■□□□□□□□
About to start studying for the 210-260 exam. Plan is to do about 2 hours per day M-Th, with no less than 2, but hoping 3-4 hours Fri-Sun. Now, looking for best videos, books, questions to help me prepare. What has helped you the most, LiveLessons, CBT, Chris Bryant, etc? Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    robo78robo78 Member Posts: 37 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I saw CBT and INE videos for 210-260 exam. Both are good. Maybe for someone is easier to understand Keith Barker (CBT) in contrast Cristian Matei (INE), but both are worth subscription.
    At this time, the OCG (Omar Santos) doesn't cover all topic from blueprint and doesn't go to needed depth, so you need to combine this book with other books.
    The 31 Days Before Your CCNA Security Exam (Patric Gargano) is very good book overviews all blueprint topics.
    Another good book I'am reading these days is CCNA Security:Portable Command Guide (Bob Vachon).

In general, the more sources you use, you'll be better prepared for this exam.

Oh, and don't forget to dirty your hands by doing labs - lot of labs, and also lab those topics which are on blueprint marked only as describe !
    Working on: Linux+
  • Options
  • Options
    lucky0977lucky0977 Member Posts: 218 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I tried Keith Barker but found that Chris Bryant was easier to follow. I was surprised to see that a lot of the labs that Chris Bryant does on his course was actually on the exam. But you'll have to do them multiple times because there are so many and hard to say which ones will show up on the exam.

You won't have to do any simulations on the exam but the commands you learn while labbing will come in handy when you have to answer questions on the exam.
    Bachelor of Science: Computer Science | Hawaii Pacific University
    CISSP | CISM | CISA | CASP | SSCP | Sec+ | Net+ | A+
  • Options
    lucky0977 wrote: »
    I tried Keith Barker but found that Chris Bryant was easier to follow. I was surprised to see that a lot of the labs that Chris Bryant does on his course was actually on the exam. But you'll have to do them multiple times because there are so many and hard to say which ones will show up on the exam.

You won't have to do any simulations on the exam but the commands you learn while labbing will come in handy when you have to answer questions on the exam.

Thanks for the info!