Options

Trouble figuring out what to do next

gogatronicgogatronic Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
I'm having a hard time figuring out what certificate I should go for next. Was wondering if someone can give me some advice. I have Sec+ and Ceh already. I'm currently doing a mix of helpdesk, imaging, Nessus scans, EMC Networker, SCCM and other IT stuff, but want to be ready for a security job. Thinking the OSCP is way too challenging right now so something intermediate like SSCP or CASP. Should I do Cloud Security cert? A Cisco cert? Read some of sexion's and keatron's posts and I think still need a little bit more learning / deeper understanding.

Comments

• Options
    UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,565 Mod
    I can't recommend eLearnSecurity enough. Start with eJPT and then move to eCPPT....OSCP will seem much more attainable afterwards.

With both eJPT and eCPPT you will gain excellent hands on skills on their labs, break down of what to learn and study and how to get the tasks done.
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Learn GRC! GRC Mastery : https://grcmastery.com 

• Options
    gogatronicgogatronic Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks UnixGuy! I just looked these up and they seem to be exactly what I need. Haven't even heard of them until now though.
  • Options
    UKIkarusUKIkarus Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    UnixGuy wrote: »
    I can't recommend eLearnSecurity enough. Start with eJPT and then move to eCPPT....OSCP will seem much more attainable afterwards.

With both eJPT and eCPPT you will gain excellent hands on skills on their labs, break down of what to learn and study and how to get the tasks done.

Just wanted to say thanks for pointing out the eLearnSecurity eJPT and eCPPT, had you not mentioned them I would never have known they exist as I've not personally heard of them before, after looking into them I'm certainly going to look into adding them to my list of certification goals.
  • Options
    UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,565 Mod
    Glad to help guys! Keep us posted with your study progress icon_thumright.gif
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Learn GRC! GRC Mastery : https://grcmastery.com