Options

Passed CISSP 4 of July 2017 (Quick Tips)

nucho2013nucho2013 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi Guys,

It would not be fair to pass the CISSP exam without sharing my thoughts of the exam. I have to admit that being an active member of techexams has helped me to prepare for the exam. So here goes my thoughts on the Exam:

1 - Introduction

Anyone can pass the exam. I know the exam has a lot of content, but it´s also important to mention that you should have a road-map prior to attempt the CISSP exam. The exam requires people to be really knowledgeable within the realm of information security, so people should not try to rush and study hard just to pass the exam otherwise all the concepts and knowledge you have acquired will be forgotten in a months time.

2 - My Approach

I did the CISM exam first, then did the CRISC and the CISA exam. Because of my line of work i can only take one exam per year. So on my forth year a took the CISSP exam. I have to tell you that for me the exam was easy and there was a lot of overlapping between the Domains but that is because i have the other Certs already. What i have found is that every Domain on the CISSP could be a certification on it´s own, so if you have a plan like the one i did you give yourself time to build your knowledge without having to rush. REMEMBER Knowledge do take time it´s a fact.

3 - Resources

I don´t have much to add when it comes to resources used. I have used the resources already mentioned on techexams, so there is nothing new when it comes to resources, just the same old stuff.

Sybex 7th Edition 10/10
Sybex Practice Exam 10/10
CCCURE 8/10
AIO - Shon Harris 8/10 (Can be very technical sometimes)
https://www.mhprofessionalresources.com/sites/CISSPExams/ 8/10
CISSP CBK 10/10 (Practice questions at the end of every domain)

4 - Final Thoughts

I know most of the people just wanna pass the exam, but remember without real knowledge and experience you might find yourself in a situation where you might not be able to have someone to save you. REMEMBER knowledge takes time and planning. The planning is more important than the plan.

Comments

• Options
    gogoisgonegogoisgone Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Way to go my friend...Congratulations...I take my exam next week this is the plan I have..the ratings on the resources validates my strategy. Thank you again...

Every day I read who passed/failed to check myself, if I am on the right track. Not that it is a good KPI icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    NavyMooseCCNANavyMooseCCNA Member Posts: 544 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!

'My dear you are ugly, but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly' Winston Churchil

• Options
    CryptoQueCryptoQue Member Posts: 204 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats nucho2013! A lot of CISSP candidates will find it very useful. The exam probably was easier for you then most because of your background with preparation for the CISM, CISA, and CRISC.
  • Options
    VictorVictor5VictorVictor5 Member Posts: 77 ■■■□□□□□□□
    nucho2013 -

Quick question for you. You referenced this link https://www.mhprofessionalresources....es/CISSPExams/ 8/10

I tried to register, but then it redirects me to a 404 not found page. How did you access these practice exams? Do you have another link?

Thanks!
    VV5
    B.S. Electrical Engineering, M.S. Electrical and Computer Engineering, PhD Electrical and Computer Engineering
    J.D. Candidate (2L)
    In the books: CompTIA Network+, Security+, CEH, Associate of (ISC)^2, GIAC: GSEC, GAWN, GCIH, GPEN, GCFA
    ProBoard: FF I & II; HAZMAT: Awareness, Operations, and Technician; Fire Instructor I; NREMT: EMT-B. Next up: Fire Officer I
    Currently Working on: PE-Electrical and Electronics, Patent and State Bars, and Juris Doctor (law degree)
    Next: GCIA/GCWN and/or GCUX/PMP/GSE
    Next after next: Med school!!!!! Lol
  • Options
    clarkincnetclarkincnet Member Posts: 256 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    Give a hacker an exploit, and they will have access for a day, BUT teach them to phish, and they will have access for the rest of their lives!

Have: CISSP, CISM, CRISC, CGEIT, ITIL-F
  • Options
    sameojsameoj Member Posts: 366 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    nucho2013nucho2013 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Victor,

Sorry for the late reply. Please find below the direct link:

https://www.mhprofessionalresources.com/sites/CISSPExams/exam.php?id=AccessControl
    [h=2][/h]
  • Options
    pdoliveirapdoliveira Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats bro.

The knowledge adquired during the study period has the same value of a exam results in my opinion, nice tips.
  • Options
    letapragasletapragas Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    nucho2013 wrote: »
    I did the CISM exam first, then did the CRISC and the CISA exam. Because of my line of work i can only take one exam per year. So on my forth year a took the CISSP exam. I have to tell you that for me the exam was easy and there was a lot of overlapping between the Domains but that is because i have the other Certs already. What i have found is that every Domain on the CISSP could be a certification on it´s own, so if you have a plan like the one i did you give yourself time to build your knowledge without having to rush. REMEMBER Knowledge do take time it´s a fact.

I bet there was a lot of overlap but out of the CISM, CRISC, CISA and CISSP where you rank in order of difficulty and in what order would you recommend someone those exams for optimal study efficiency.