Options

My Thoughts on the CCNA Security exam!

NetworkluvNetworkluv Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
My thoughts on the CCNA security! The exam is a mixture of basic Security Concepts and advance network security concepts such as Firewall, VPN, Host IPS and IDS, concepts in depth. In other words the exam is in between a CCNA level exam and CCNP level exam. You have to look for outside information such as white pages on cisco websites. I think that understanding the basic concepts Of all these network security devices and how they work is not enough to pass this test. One thing that I've learn about Cisco over the years is that Cisco expects you know what your doing and this is where experience comes into play. I studied really hard for this test! I also understand now that you have to lab and watch video to get a better understand of the security concepts. I'm going to keep working hard towards my goals. I guess this is just apart of the learning process. I all ready have a CCNA R&S and I know security is the present and the future of IT. I think that this exam well be a must have in the upcoming years.

Does any one have any labs, videos, or study guides notes?