Options

210-260 done !

robo78robo78 Member Posts: 37 ■■■□□□□□□□
After 6 months of self study and labbing I finally got my CCNA Security cert !
I did this during full time job in different field ( prepress ), but now, maybe is time to switch.
After CCNA:R&S a quickly decided which way to go. People says that i am scrupulous and yes indeed I fell so to be strict and principled and imo in infosec I could leverage my nature icon_lol.gif
Now, I consider to little bit leave the strict cisco path and lear Linux, Python, maybe MS stuff, I don't know yet.
During my cisco studies I builded some solid home lab including 10x cisco gear, 4x desktop, 2x laptop and more, so I would like continue to play with them.

For my exam experience: first of all I expected more simulation questions, just like in 200-125 exam - that was really hard considering time management, if I corectlly remember I ended up with about 5min., and now 50min. remaining time ( i was given 30 min. extra for non english speakers ). Some q. was stupid easy but on some I didn't even know for what they are asking for icon_lol.gif - then the given dictionary came very handy. Also a curious situation happened - imagine a typical pearsonvue testroom, in mine we were two test takers, quite - you can hear the fan from a pc next to your legs and then, at some point loud music started to play from ceiling speakers - lol. Not radio, but some heavy stuff. I was totally out of concentration. After a minute or so, it stopped, after a while again 2 times but not so loud. After the exam I asked them what was that, they told me something about fire testing in whole building. I right away used the notice field for current q. to record this event in failing case to support my objection. Thank god I did not need that. The other guy missed by 1% to pass his exam.

For my exam preparation I used:
CBT Nuggets - 210-260, 640-554, some CCNP
INE - 210-260 video course
Patrick Gargano: 31 Days Before Your CCNA Security Exam book
Bob Vachon: CCNA Security Portable Command Guide book
cisco.com
labbing - i even replaced my home router with ASA5520 icon_lol.gif

I also would like to thank you all you guys at TE for sharing your exam, work in the field and life experiences. I appreciate it.
Working on: Linux+

Comments

• Options
    mjnk77mjnk77 Member Posts: 164 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    GeekyChickGeekyChick Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yay! Congratulations!
  • Options
    p@r0tuXusp@r0tuXus Member Posts: 532 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Fantastic job well done!
    Completed: ITIL-F, A+, S+, CCENT, CCNA R|S
    In Progress: Linux+/LPIC-1, Python, Bash
    Upcoming: eJPT, C|EH, CSA+, CCNA-Sec, PA-ACE
  • Options
    lucky0977lucky0977 Member Posts: 218 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations. What you mentioned about the R&S was so true. There were a lot of sims and I thought that would be the case with this exam so spent more hours labbing than I did reading the book and when test time came the sim was super easy as you just had to navigate through the sim and the answers could easily be found without doing any configuring.
    Bachelor of Science: Computer Science | Hawaii Pacific University
    CISSP | CISM | CISA | CASP | SSCP | Sec+ | Net+ | A+