Options

Potential Interview Questions

byron66byron66 Member Posts: 169 ■■■□□□□□□□
Would it be odd if I reached out to my interviewer and asked what type of questions would be asked in the interview?

Just curious..
CCNA   A+   N+  Sec+

Comments

• Options
    PhalanxPhalanx Member Posts: 331 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Don't expect specifics. Asking if there will be a technical section is a good step, but specific questions? As an interviewer, I'd be giving you vague answers.
    Client & Security: Microsoft 365 Modern Desktop Administrator Associate | MCSE: Mobility
    Server & Networking: MCSA: Windows Server 2016 | MTA: Networking Fundamentals
    Data Privacy & Project/Service Management: PECB GDPR DPO/Practitioner | ITIL 2011: Foundation | CompTIA Project+
    Currently Studying: Microsoft 365 Enterprise Administrator Expert
  • Options
    bjpeterbjpeter Member Posts: 198 ■■■□□□□□□□
    byron66 wrote: »
    Would it be odd if I reached out to my interviewer and asked what type of questions would be asked in the interview?

Just curious..

The interviewer might not hire you if you reached out to him like that. Just read up on the description and study things that are related to it.
    2021 Goals (2): SSCP, eCPPT
    Achieved (27): Certified Associate in Python Programming, Microsoft Certified: Azure Fundamentals, PenTest+, Project+, CySA+, Flutter Certified Application Developer, OCP Java EE 7 Application Developer, CCSP, OCP Java SE 11 Developer, CISSP, Linux+/LPIC-1, CCSKv4, OCE Java EE 6 JPA Developer, CSSLP, Server+, Cloud+, Arcitura Certified Cloud Professional, CASP+, Mobility+, Storage+, Android Certified Application Developer, OCP Java SE 8 Programmer, Security+, OCM Java SE 6 Developer, B.S. and M.S. in Computer Science
  • Options
    TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Tell them all technicial questions must be multiple choice answers.
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.
  • Options
    Cisco InfernoCisco Inferno Member Posts: 1,034 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Youre too nervous Byron.

At your level they dont care about your technical wizardry.
    They want a human that they can get along with and sit for 8hrs a day with.

They hope to find someone whos determined and can be taught how to do things.

Its more a personality thing at this level. The most they will want to know is do you like tech? how do you feel solving a problem you cant solve?
    open ended scenario questions like that vs what port number is http.
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree
  • Options
    Danielm7Danielm7 Member Posts: 2,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Definitely don't do this, there is just about 0% chance they'll view it as a good thing. Make sure you're comfortable with what is on your resume, answer the best you can. If you don't know the answer to something you can explain your thought process and just be honest. If you have no idea just tell them you'd need to research it as you're not familiar with it. Just don't try to BS them, it's not a quiz, or it shouldn't be.
  • Options
    scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    Just research yourself. Do not call the interviewer.
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • Options
    Ask them if you can bring your Mom to the interview.
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    If you call me or my recruiter and ask if the interview is technical, sure that's fine. If you inquire as to the depth of the questions and other details that would leave a very sour taste in my mouth.
  • Options
    ITSec14ITSec14 Member Posts: 398 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I would avoid this. It's OKAY to not have all the answers if that's what you are worried about. Try to keep it more of a conversation rather than a quiz. Ask questions when needed for clarification and work the problems out. We're all human and tend to forget things when under pressure. Utilizing available resources is something you can mention. How many times has an IT professional used Google when they didn't know the answer?

Have confidence in yourself!
  • Options
    bpennbpenn Member Posts: 499
    Interviews get easier the more you do. Dont sweat it too much and just try to relax. Read the requirements for the job and ensure you are familiar with the basic requirements (can talk about them somewhat intelligently). Definitely do NOT inquire about any possible questions. That would be a showstopper.

Is the job for help desk or desktop support? If the job talks about Active Directory, ensure you are familiar with creating objects, resetting passwords, and managing OU's. Many jobs in the past I have been on that were Tier 1 asked me what I would do in stressful situations with a client. Always remain calm and do your best to resolve the issue for the client as swiftly and professionally as possible.
    "If your dreams dont scare you - they ain't big enough" - Life of Dillon
  • Options
    tedjamestedjames Member Posts: 1,179 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Don't do it, not even if you're friends with the hiring manager. Best thing to do is make sure that you can speak intelligently about as many of the items on the job listing as possible. And if you don't know an answer, don't pretend that you do. They'll respect you more if you say, "I don't know, but I would love to learn."
  • Options
    vanillagorilla3vanillagorilla3 Member Posts: 79 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I think TechGromit has it all covered.
  • Options
    ITSec14 wrote: »
    How many times has an IT professional used Google when they didn't know the answer?

I googled all my answers last interview I had, during the interview even. icon_cool.gif