Options

Passed OS exam

DarthLoafyDarthLoafy Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
I wrapped up the A+ this morning by passing the OS, scoring 829.

If it is of any help to those preparing for the OS exam, I used Sybex A+ Complete Study Guide, every free practice exam I could find (including the good one here), and Transcenders exam. To echo what some have said before, I don't advocate trying to pass the exam just using bought exams. I do recommend them as a tool to get practice answering the types of questions you will be asked. However, nothing beats hands on experience! If you are having problem with one of the objectives, find a machine with that OS on it and work through the problems a few times to learn it. Good luck!

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Congrats with your pass!
  • Options
    bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    congrats on the pass

it's a pity that microsoft only issues evaluation copies of it's present and/or beta testing operating systems. it would be invaluable for the likes of a+ students if they were able to issue copies of windows 9x, me, nt and windows 2000 as well as xp pro (i believe they may still issues eval copies of windows 2000 advanced server, which is like windows 2000 pro with bells on ;))
    A+ Moderator
  • Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats DarthLoafy

So true Bellboy. I guess I sort of had an advantage as I have everything from 3.1 up.
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congrats on OS pass!

Agree. That's what I did--fortunate enough to have, or be able to purchase each MS OS through 2000 Pro. Method is a great education by itself.
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    lazyartlazyart Member Posts: 483
    I agree.. nothing beats getting your hands dirty.. I've got a handful of MS OSes as well. I used 95, 98 and ME enough not to need to install them to study. I do have Win 2000 Adv Server trial, and have downloaded 2003 .NET server from MS as well. One day I will need it-- don't know when though.
    I'm not a complete idiot... some parts are missing.