MCSE: Server Infrastructure Retired

ANTC9191ANTC9191 Posts: 3Registered Users ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey All,
So I was wondering if anyone is going through the same situation as me, since MS doesn't provide much insight on the web.

I am currently MCSE: Server Infrastructure, This has been retired and replaced with MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure.

I went to check out the exam Exam 70-980 but thats retired as well.

Does anyone know what the upgrade path is for the MCSE now, do I need to get certified all over again?

Comments

• Skyliinez92Skyliinez92 Level 99 Wizard Posts: 788Mod Mod
    Looking at the link below, to obtain the MCSE Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, you need to:

A) Obtain an MCSA in 2012, 2016 or Cloud Platforms.
    B) Complete ONE of the exams in step 2 (this includes the 70-413/70-414).
    C) Get your new MCSE.

So apparently, it looks like anyone who has the MCSE in Server Infrastructure will automatically have the new MCSE too. I think a lot of people are confused at the moment including myself, and it might be worth contacting MS directly or checking your MCP learning profile to see if this certification has shown up in your list?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/learning/mcse-cloud-platform-infrastructure.aspx
    Train people well enough so they can leave, treat them well enough so they don't want to. - Richard Branson
  • ANTC9191ANTC9191 Posts: 3Registered Users ■□□□□□□□□□
    Looking at my MS profile it just says the MCSE in Server Infrastructure.

I was finally able to get the certification planner link to load, seems that the steps above are correct. Since I have the MCSA 2012 I just need to take 413 or 414.