Options

Qualification required for CISSP

Aditya.BansalAditya.Bansal Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
I'm having a three year BSc Computer Science Degree, I'm planning to become an Associate of ISC2 and want to give exam of CISSP. As per the new requirements of CISSP they must have a four year Degree and work experience. But I'm having only 3 year BSc degree. Am I eligible for exam?

Comments

• Options
    TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    The requirement has always been 4 year degree, this is not new.

Is your degree a 3 year program and then you get a diploma? Or you have only completed 3 years from your degree? You need a 4 year diploma, those who dont have that need 1 extra year of work experience or some other cert
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    The requirement says "Earning a 4-year college degree or regional equivalent". Are 3 year degrees the norm whetever you studied?
  • Options
    jercxjercx Member Posts: 36 ■■■□□□□□□□
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    The requirement says "Earning a 4-year college degree or regional equivalent". Are 3 year degrees the norm whetever you studied?

i believe there are educational institutions these days that offer three-semesters a year instead of the traditional two. these effectively cuts a 4-year degree to ~3years.
  • Options
    I'm having only 3 year BSc Degree. So I'll have to work for 5 years to get cert, right?
  • Options
    jercx wrote: »
    i believe there are educational institutions these days that offer three-semesters a year instead of the traditional two. these effectively cuts a 4-year degree to ~3years.

I gave 2 semesters per year...
  • Options
    CryptoQueCryptoQue Member Posts: 204 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Do you have any professional working experience? If not, the associate of ISC2 allows you up to 6 years to gain the required 5 years of CISSP experience. You can cantact the ISC2 support number to find out if your 3 year degree will suffice. The required 4 year degree or one of the approved security certifications allows for 1 year to be waved, so you can potentially get a SEC+ certification after passing the CISSP exam to reduce your required years to 4.

https://www.isc2.org/contactus/default.aspx
  • Options
    CryptoQue wrote: »
    Do you have any professional working experience? If not, the associate of ISC2 allows you up to 6 years to gain the required 5 years of CISSP experience. You can cantact the ISC2 support number to find out if your 3 year degree will suffice. The required 4 year degree or one of the approved security certifications allows for 1 year to be waved, so you can potentially get a SEC+ certification after passing the CISSP exam to reduce your required years to 4.

https://www.isc2.org/contactus/default.aspx

I dont have any work experience. I'm ready to work for 5 years to gain CISSP, I just only want to know it that with my 3 year degree can I give CISSP exam?