Working in a haunted building

jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
Has anyone else here worked in a building that's haunted? Or experienced super strange stuff?

Two experiences where I work at....

1: Today we had a power outage. No big deal or anything like that until I went into the janitors room where all the main stuff is.
It's dark and I have the door close, while trying to figure out whats up with our battery back ups. I'm looking towards the rack and my light goes out then comes back on. I'm like umm okay and I kept looking. It does it again and the first thing that I think is there's a ghost in here. My light hasn't been giving me any problems after I left the room.

2: Back in October, I think.. I had to install testing software on about 25 computers in the computer lab. The computer lab has a stretch of windows and n the opposite of the room where I was standing are the doors to go out to the main hallway. While was working on a computer in front of the windows, I look up in the window and see a woman wearing a white gown with white hair, floating towards the stare well. I continue my work and left for the night.

Sometimes when I'm alone in the building, I can hear something like very quiet whispering once in a while...

It doesn't bother me until I'm in the basement part of the building (the dungeon).
Booya!!
WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
*****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****

Comments

• UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    No I don't believe in ghosts, and they probably find me dodgy anyway so they stay away from me
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Check out my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/DRJic8vCodE 

• volfkhatvolfkhat Member Posts: 1,046 ■■■■■■■■□□
    lol
    I remember when you posted last fall about Ghost Lady.

On a personal note,
    i believe in (at least one) psychic on this planet.
    i know it's ridiculous; but i can't explain away (over 20+ years of) eerily spot-on readings.

So if you say there's a Ghost in the Building..... you get No snickering from me :]
  • NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Ghosts aren't real... Aliens come and visit me sometimes and they told me they don't think ghosts exist either.
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Sounds like someone needs a vacation ASAP.
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    1: Today we had a power outage. No big deal or anything like that until I went into the janitors room where all the main stuff is.
    It's dark and I have the door close,

Sometimes when I'm alone in the building, I can hear something like very quiet whispering once in a while...

It doesn't bother me until I'm in the basement part of the building (the dungeon).

NOPE. I'd go unemployed than work where I had to work in a room like that, especially myself.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    While was working on a computer in front of the windows, I look up in the window and see a woman wearing a white gown with white hair, floating towards the stare well. I continue my work and left for the night.

icon_lol.gif

mate you need help (srs)
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Check out my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/DRJic8vCodE 

• jibtechjibtech Member Posts: 424 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Of all the posts I didn't expect to see....
  • NOC-NinjaNOC-Ninja Member Posts: 1,403
    Sunday morning. 2am.
    This building has 3 floors.
    This bldg is shutdown on the weekend... Nobody is working.
    Just got done on a Network and VOIP implementation.

Im with the whole NOC and SOC team. We were all walking on the hangar.
    I saw a guy on the other side of the hangar, walking... Old man, white hair, white shirt. I point it out to my team and they saw it too. Once we got to the other side, the old man is gone. I was going to call security but I was so tired.

Our manager tells us that it could be an old engineer back in the old days.
  • scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    Stop drinking the 'coffee'. LOL
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Okay, so I'm not the greatest story teller lol. I wasn't sure if I had posted about my first experience or not. I didn't see it when I was looking through my threads. My bad :D

Unixguy, you'll become a believer someday :P lol

Noc-Ninja, I took two weeks off last month lol.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Fulcrum45Fulcrum45 Member Posts: 621 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I believe I've posted about this before- on this site of all places- but I work at an old industrial complex that goes back to the 1920s. Back when there was far less security than there is now I would go exploring in many of the old offices warehouses. In some offices you could still find 3.5" floppies, CRT monitors still flashing and server closets full of old Cisco equipment. It had a very Chernobyl type feel- as if everyone just got up and left. Anyway, through my many adventures I've heard keys rattle, doors slam and even footsteps across the old wooden factory floor when no one was there. Odds are it's some stab-happy hobo but sometimes I'm not so sure. Maybe it's because I've always considered myself a hopeful skeptic but there's something about this place that makes me not like being here alone on the weekends when I'm doing routine maintenance.
  • clarkincnetclarkincnet Member Posts: 256 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Ghosts aren't real... Aliens come and visit me sometimes and they told me they don't think ghosts exist either.

Awesome!
    Give a hacker an exploit, and they will have access for a day, BUT teach them to phish, and they will have access for the rest of their lives!

Have: CISSP, CISM, CRISC, CGEIT, ITIL-F
  • ck86ck86 Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I've gone from a skeptic to fully believing in haunted buildings based on personal experience. As far as IT goes - I worked in an old navy yard building that was converted to a surgery/sports rehab center. I came in by myself one night around midnight to work on a few things. My last stop after working over an hour was a PC in the nursing area. This area in particular was the only portion of the building that did not have high (30ft+) ceilings and had that dungeon-like feel. I had my earbuds in working on the PC and suddenly had a feeling someone was watching me. I took my earbuds out, looked around, saw nothing, but had that uncomfortable feeling I was not alone. I went back to working, put my earbuds back in and then heard whispering as loud as my music, I froze and paused my music. I wrapped up my work (this particular PC had been replaced 3 times with completely new hardware and still had very odd/random issues) and got out of there. As soon as I exited that particular area my body went from very tense to at ease.

A week or so later I was there during the day talking to one of the nurses. I told her about getting some weird vibes working late there the other night. Her and the other nurses around all confirmed they had similar experiences there, some had seen a lady in white. They all refused to stay in the area alone and had no doubt it was haunted.

I believe we have the ability to feel the presence of ghosts whether we see them or not.
  • PristonPriston Member Posts: 999 ■■■■□□□□□□
    A.A.S. in Networking Technologies
    A+, Network+, CCNA
  • Fulcrum45Fulcrum45 Member Posts: 621 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Priston wrote: »

Lol, That was the other post I was referring to. Mine reads just about the same as it does here.
  • anthonxanthonx Member Posts: 109 ■■■□□□□□□□
    NOC-Ninja wrote: »
    Sunday morning. 2am.
    This building has 3 floors.
    This bldg is shutdown on the weekend... Nobody is working.
    Just got done on a Network and VOIP implementation.

Im with the whole NOC and SOC team. We were all walking on the hangar.
    I saw a guy on the other side of the hangar, walking... Old man, white hair, white shirt. I point it out to my team and they saw it too. Once we got to the other side, the old man is gone. I was going to call security but I was so tired.

Our manager tells us that it could be an old engineer back in the old days.

Talk about work ethics... He/She still reports to work after all those years. :)
    AnthonX
  • BillHooBillHoo Member Posts: 207 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Story #1

Back when I was being deployed to Iraq, we did our pre-staging and training at Fort Drum, NY. We were housed in old WW1 barracks that were going to be torn down, but due to the ramp-up for the Iraq war, they were kept operational for a bit more time.

These were the same barracks where soldiers were crammed in for World War 1 and the Spanish Influenza brok out. It's been said that 27 percent of soldiers died of the flu before they even shipped out to the battlefront!

So, our IT office was in one of the buildings and the Sergeant Major would grouse about us leaving the lights on when we left after working late. During one such night, I was preparing security documentation and decided to call it quits. It was aroun 11PM. I checked all the rooms to secure the building and there was no one there. Due to the nature of the building, I would have to leave from the second floor, lock that door and take stairs down because the front door was locked and barred.

After ensuring no one was in the building I turned off all the lights, went upstairs and turned out the lights in each room as made my way to the exit. As I got to the door and turned out the lights, I paused to find my keys to lock up the building. As I got my keys out, I looked down the end of the darkened hallway toward a room we used as a conference room... the light suddenly turned on in the conference room! I was not about to walk back down to turn off those lights! I just locked up and left.

A week later, on a weekend, I was informed that a package had been delivered to me and was in the building. One of my colleagues also had a packed to pick up and went with me. My delivery was an electro-magnetic field detector (Hey! I know this is used for ghost hunting, but my intent was for safety around high powered antennas). So anyway, I was telling my colleague about the EM detector and how it's also used in detecting spirits. I also told him the story about the lights going on. He told me about how he invited his wife over one weekend to show her the office and how the lights suddenly turned off while they were the only onese in the building!

So I had the EM detector and put in the batteries and showed a low EM field in the area (normal). Suddenly, the field spiked off the charts! And the lights went off. This was just after lunch, so we had daylight available to us. We went to the light switch and turned the lights back on. Near as we know, this was the only light switch. The circuit breaker was also on the same floor and we checked it. Nothing out of the ordinary. I checked the light switch and it was functioning properly. Wiggling it did not cause any changes to the lighting, so there did not seem to be a loose or bad switch. It was also an old and very heavy switch that would need some force to flip.

Weird.

Story #2
    I had just gotten back from Iraq and went home to my condo. I had not yet gotten to pull all my furniture from storage and was sleeping on a mat in my guest bedroom. As I was dozing off to sleep, I heard a woman's voice say "Hello!"

It was near midnight and I knew no one was in the house and all the doors were locked. I froze, and started to breath again and heard "hello?" slightly different, but still sounding like a woman's voice.

Breathing normally, I heard hello with each breath and realized it was my breath coming out of my nose on exhale and causing the hairs in my nose to whistle in a manner that sounded like a human voice saying "hello".