Advice on Master specialization

New2ITinCaliNew2ITinCali Member Posts: 184 ■■■□□□□□□□
I work as an IT Auditor/Systems Analyst. I'm still in training and it will probably take a good 2 years according to my manager to be fully trained. In the meantime, I'm working towards my Masters in I.T. and also studying for the CISA. I am conflicted on which specializations to choose for my major. I audit financial systems and am a member of our ITGC team, meaning I am responsible for information technology General Controls in financial systems, along with other members, we all play a significant role. Here the 3 specializations I am leaning toward:

1- Accounting because I don't have much accounting coursework and my manager recommended I take it
2- Cybersecurity because General Controls and security go hand in hand, and also cybersecurity interests me. If I ever moves on from the auditor role, I know without a doubt I'd want to do full-fledged cybersecurity work.
3- Project Management, because I realized in IT there are always projects and managers like their staff to have knowledge of project management. Although being a project manager is not something I'm interested in, I understand having the knowledge is valuable.

Thanks in Advance!

Comments