Options

Share and NTFS Permissions

gabrielbtoledogabrielbtoledo Member Posts: 217
Could someone please give me some examples of how those two type of permissions work together? Please.
I'm still confused with how the permissions will be after applying share and NTFS and Deny.
I really appreciate your help.
Thanks is advance.
A+ Certified - Network+ - MCP (70-290)
MCSA - CCNA - Security+ (soon)

Comments

• Options
    Hey, much appreciated.
    I should have searched before. My bad. It won't happen again.
  • Options
    skully93skully93 Member Posts: 323 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Permissions are the most amusing part of all of it. Between print permissions, share, and NTFS permissions, some of those questions get pretty confusing.

The technotes do rock though.
    I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.

-- James Thurber
  • Options
    I got a question about permissions. Actually a few.
    1-Do I always need the Everyone Group listed on the Share Permissions Tab in order to grant other users/group access to the share? Or I can remove the Everyone and then place whoever I want there?

2-If I want another user/group to access the share, is the Everyone group enough to grant other user/group access to the share?

Thanks. I'm confused with the Everyone Group. Even knowing that my highest score was on Manage and Maintain Users, Computers, and Groups and second Manage and Maintain Access to Resources.
  • Options
    eurotrasheurotrash Member Posts: 817
    1. No, yes.
    2. Yes, as everyone is automatically part of the Everyone group. Of course, if you want to give them different permissions from everyone else, you will have to add their group to the acl.
    witty comment
  • Options
    Thanks a lot.
    It helped my to pass my exam today. I had 2 sims related to permissions.