Options

cissp : failed 1st time

chaglachagla Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
I got SSCP 3 months ago. Security+ long time ago. I thought getting the SSCP was good preparation for CISSP. my perception was SSCP is shorter but more technical and challenging. CISSP on the other hand is more managerial, less technical, more general and double the number of questions. It is by no means an easy exam. staying focused for such a long time is another challenge. i am partially to be blamed because I was a little over confident. some questions were very tricky. lots of questions about SDLC, other IT standards (ISO, NIST). i found mix and matching to be the hardest. there were quite few of them. the language used doesn't make it obvious.

i did watch Kelly's on Cybrary, Sari Greene on Safari, two other CISSP series on Safari. so four video preparation, little reading. oh, i scored 647. i will change my strategy now. More reading >>>>> video lessons. i will try to take it again at the end of the year. icon_study.gif

Comments

• Options
    CryptoQueCryptoQue Member Posts: 204 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You've already done the hard part which is identifying areas of improvement in your preparation. I do agree that it's very important to read the official ISC2 books to gain a better understanding of the domains. Take a look at the ISC2 Sybex study guide which gives good breakdowns of key information...especially the SDLC domain because I had a lot of the same questions on my exam. The book also provides an online testing engine and flash cards. Try to use the videos as a refresher to reinforce the material you read. Good luck!