For those of you studying for the PMP exam, please be aware of the exam updates coming after the PMBOK 6th edition is released in September 2017. I have listed some of the key changes below, but reference the link for all the details.
- A new chapter on the role of the project manager has been added to focus on leading projects effectively – competencies, experience and skills that are all necessary.
- Two Knowledge Areas have been re-named to more accurately reflect which elements can be managed… and which can not:
- Time Management is now Schedule Management
- Human Resource Management is now Resource Management
- Every Knowledge Area features four new sections:
[*]Trends and Emerging Practices
[*]Considerations for Agile/Adaptive Environments