Security + and Subnetting

MkroadrushMkroadrush Member Posts: 38 ■■■□□□□□□□
I'm having issues grasping this subnetting for security +, any advised you can give?

how much of this I might encounter in the exam.

Like always, thank you!

Comments

• TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Subnetting will always be subnetting. There is no such thing as subnetting for Security+. If you don't understand how it works, how to create a subnet etc you need to look at a Network+ book or networking course or even google it. So much info out there about it.
  • mikey88mikey88 Member Posts: 495 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Certs: CISSP, CySA+, Security+, Network+ and others | 2019 Goals: Cloud Sec/Scripting/Linux

• MkroadrushMkroadrush Member Posts: 38 ■■■□□□□□□□
    TheFORCE wrote: »
    Subnetting will always be subnetting. There is no such thing as subnetting for Security+. If you don't understand how it works, how to create a subnet etc you need to look at a Network+ book or networking course or even google it. So much info out there about it.

thanks for the help....

not really.
  • stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    If you struggle with subnetting, then I would suggest searching for Laz (Network Doctors) on youtube. While you may not have found TheForce's response helpful, he is right that you should probably find a Network+ book to help you become more comfortable with subnetting. It is quite likely that you will be asked questions that require an understanding of subnetting. If I were a betting man, I would guess that you would see a question or four that will line up subnets and vlans and which device belongs where.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • NissekiNisseki Member Posts: 160
    Laz explains subnetting extremely well, here's the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rs39FWDhzDs

Todd Lammle's videos and book is another good resource to use to learn subnetting.

Todd is how I learnt subnetting and it finally clicked after struggling with this subject for a long time.