Options

CISSP Training?

dlewis2607dlewis2607 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey, guys new to the forums but I have read some good information on here. A little from my background. Have been in the cyber security field for about 6 years now and currently an Information Security Analyst. Have a strong background in RMF and NIST etc... My job is offering me training for the CISSP at their cost. Can anyone provide me a good training course or even books I should purchase...

Thanks in advance!!!!

Comments

• Options
    NavyMooseCCNANavyMooseCCNA Member Posts: 544 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The Sybex CISSP book is very popular. Eric Conrad's book is also popular. You will read many mixed reviews on the ISC2 CBK for the CISSP, but it is what the exam is based off of. Cybrary has an excellent video/MP3 by Kelly Handerhan that I am using when I'm in the car. If you're a Veteran or have a CAC card you can access the FedVTE CISSP video.

'My dear you are ugly, but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly' Winston Churchil

• Options
    PhalanxPhalanx Member Posts: 331 ■■■□□□□□□□
    ITPro.tv have a good series covering CISSP also, aswell as SSCP and CCSP if you're after video training.
    Client & Security: Microsoft 365 Modern Desktop Administrator Associate | MCSE: Mobility
    Server & Networking: MCSA: Windows Server 2016 | MTA: Networking Fundamentals
    Data Privacy & Project/Service Management: PECB GDPR DPO/Practitioner | ITIL 2011: Foundation | CompTIA Project+
    Currently Studying: Microsoft 365 Enterprise Administrator Expert
  • Options
    pdoliveirapdoliveira Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    (ISC)² has Trainning courses, and some authorized partners around the globe, I think this is a best way to go (not the cheaper). About books, I studied with Official CBK for SSCP and I'll do the same for CISSP, in this forum you'll find good options.