Options

Very impressed with WGU... Starting August 1st

boxerboy1168boxerboy1168 Member Posts: 395 ■■■□□□□□□□
Let me just say thank you for pointing me in the direction of WGU, much appreciated.

The experience thus far has been fantastic. My mentor has a PHD in Nanotech from MIT/AFIT and a Master in CS and InfoSec. Amazing. Gives me a ton of confidence in getting a degree here.

My plan is not to rush through the program but to get as much as I can from it and to learn as much as possible and I am realllllly going to pick this guys brain.
Currently enrolling into WGU's IT - Security Program. Working on LPIC (1,2,3) and CCNA (and S) as long term goals and preparing for the Security+ and A+ as short term goals.

Comments

• Options
    Cuse0311Cuse0311 Member Posts: 53 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hey that's great boxerboy. Congrats and best of luck to you! Are you going there for the undergrad or graduate program?
  • Options
    shoeyshoey Member Posts: 111 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Let me just say thank you for pointing me in the direction of WGU, much appreciated.
    My plan is not to rush through the program but to get as much as I can from it and to learn as much as possible and I am realllllly going to pick this guys brain.

This is a great mindset going into the program. My mentor was a fantastic resource and very helpful. Best of luck!
    "I have missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I have lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." - Michael Jordan
  • Options
    joshuamurphy75joshuamurphy75 Member Posts: 162 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I love the school. The thing that really did it for me was when I was out hunting with family after 5 PM on a holiday weekend, and got bored and logged in to study. I ran into some problems, emailed a mentor, and they contacted me to help me with my homework. That would have never happened at the university I went to before.
  • Options
    boxerboy1168boxerboy1168 Member Posts: 395 ■■■□□□□□□□
    @Cuse0311 I am going for the BSIT-Security.

@shoey Thanks!

@joshua wow awesome! I am definitely going to be asking as many questions as I can I am really ready to make this career transition, so sick of the printing press.
    Currently enrolling into WGU's IT - Security Program. Working on LPIC (1,2,3) and CCNA (and S) as long term goals and preparing for the Security+ and A+ as short term goals.