Cissp - suggestions needed

Lili37Lili37 Member Posts: 13 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi everyone,

So, after the CISA and CRMA. CISSP is next. I have been reading a lot of this thread, tips, recommendations, etc. Here's what I gathered so far:
Cybrary videos. I downloaded the app. (check)
Official book. I downloaded the book. (check)
Lynda online courses. (check)
Shawn Harris  (check)
Eric Conrad (haven't gotten that yet)
I haven't yet downloaded or registered to any exam simulators yet. I have read about CCCure, transcender, boson, etc. Which of these engines would you all consider the most comprehensive? Are there specific apps that I should download to my ipad? Also, I'm open to recommendation as to what approach to use to study. Do I read/listen to materials first then take simulation tests, or do I do it per chapter, what do you guys recommend?

Thank you for the input.

Comments

• ITSec14ITSec14 Member Posts: 398 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Replying because I'm interested to know which exam sims are good as well.

As far as study methods go, I'm going through each book (Sybex & ISC2 CBK) and reading them at a normal pace without taking notes. After that, I will go back and hit each domain individually by re-reading the books, taking notes and making flash cards. Hopefully someone can recommend a good practice exam sim which allows the tests to be broken down by domain. After books have been read again and notes taken, I will take practice exams in full 250 question format like the real exam to ready my brain. I'll probably watch Kelly's videos on Cybrary again sporadically as well then a full run of them before I take my exam. She really helps you get in the right state of mind.
  • shimasenseishimasensei Member Posts: 241 ■■■□□□□□□□
    For the exam sims, I used and recommend the official Sybex & Wiley test engine. About ~3000 questions total. Pretty similar format compared to the real test.
    Current: BSc IT + CISSP, CCNP:RS, CCNA:Sec, CCNA:RS, CCENT, Sec+, P+, A+, L+/LPIC-1, CSSS, VCA6-DCV, ITILv3:F, MCSA:Win10
    Future Plans: MSc + PMP, CCIE/NPx, GIAC...
  • averageguy72averageguy72 Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Boson, Wiley & Sybex tests are good for practice exams
    CISSP / CCSP / CCSK / CRISC / CISM / CISA / CASP / Security+ / Network+ / A+ / CEH / eNDP / AWS Certified Advanced Networking - Specialty / AWS Certified Security - Specialty / AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional / AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate / AWS Certified Developer - Associate / AWS Cloud Practitioner
  • CryptoQueCryptoQue Member Posts: 204 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Sybex/Wiley online testing engine is my recommendation. It has online end-of-chapter tests, flash cards, and 4 250-question exams. My method was to read a chapter, complete the end of chapter question in the book, and then complete the end of chapter questions online. If there was a topic/question I wasn't familiar with, I'd go back to the book to understand it better. Once I completed the Sybex book, I started taking the 250 question exams. I knew I was ready once I started getting above 80%. I also read Eric Conrad's 11th hour the week I was sitting for the exam as a refresher. Everyone has different methods of retaining the material, and I hope you find one that fits your learning style.