Options

passed CSA+

uksteveinusuksteveinus Member Posts: 9 ■■□□□□□□□□
Read the Sibex book twice and took notes - watched a couple of youtube videos on the more popular tools around. Didn't need to know any port numbers or encryption key lengths - took me two weeks. Actually a good exam to have under your belt because bosses understand the title cyber security even if they haven't heard of the exam yet.
It is different to CEH and is a nice complement to it. So got both now and going for casp next. job security here I come :)

Comments

• Options
    ThePawofRizzoThePawofRizzo Member Posts: 389 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! Glad to see more earning this cert, which hopefully means it will become more well known in the job market.
  • Options
    BonganiTheBeardedBonganiTheBearded Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Just also passed CSA+, studied Sybex and a book called Masterskills.
  • Options
    Gago77Gago77 Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats to you both. I just purchased the Sybex book and will begin my studies this week.
  • Options
    PersianImmortalPersianImmortal Member Posts: 124 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!!!
  • Options
    mizterkewlmizterkewl Member Posts: 122 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Read the Sibex book twice and took notes - watched a couple of youtube videos on the more popular tools around. Didn't need to know any port numbers or encryption key lengths - took me two weeks. Actually a good exam to have under your belt because bosses understand the title cyber security even if they haven't heard of the exam yet.
    It is different to CEH and is a nice complement to it. So got both now and going for casp next. job security here I come :)

About how many hours did u study a day? Two weeks seems fast...Do you have experience in Security?