Options

SCCM Certification.

mahanymahany Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello Guys,

I was planning to go for MCTS SCCM certification in the early 2018, But i've seen alot of websites even microsoft's website addressing that the exam 70-243 will expire on july 2017 (https://www.microsoft.com/en-eg/learning/retired-certification-exams.aspx), but when i check the MCTS 70-243 exam page on microsoft website i find nothing about the expiration or withdrawn of that exam!!.
I'm very confused here.

Comments

• Options
    KyrakKyrak Member Posts: 143 ■■■□□□□□□□
    It looks to me like 70-243 is being retired, but 70-246 and 70-247 are sticking around if you are just wanting to verify your SCCM chops. It looks to me that the new Microsoft Cert vision is MTA for entry level (instead of MCP or MCTS) and then MCSA, then MCSE. Check out https://www.microsoft.com/en-eg/learning/browse-all-certifications.aspx to see what I mean. From a ROI point of view I would look at working towards an MCSA instead of a MTA because it definitely has more name recognition. And once you are there, just one more test gets you the MCSE (and 70-246 and 247 count for that part!
    Up next: On Break, but then maybe CCNA DC, CCNP DC, CISM, AWS SysOps Administrator
  • Options
    mahanymahany Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yeah i realized that MTA is for enty level and dismissed that idea completely, Actually i'm studying for MCSA since the beginning of august after i finish the three exams i will go for MCSE Productivity (70-341 or 70-342) as i would need exchange knowledge in my current job, and i was thinking about having a SCCM cert i have noticed that there is SCCM related exams in both MCSE Mobility and Cloud. But doesnt that mean if i got MCSE Productivity and Cloud i will have to take two renewal exams every year for both of MCSEs !?.
    That would be very financially heavy here in Egypt after the inflation crisis, You can save at maximum 50$ every month :D