Can i take Exam 70-697 straight away ?

bader.alzamilbader.alzamil Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Dears,
Im a SysAdmin and never done any MS certificate before can i do Exam 70-697 straight away or i should take the fundamentals exams before ?.

I have red that in order to enter the exam you should take this Exam before which is 98-368 "Mobility and Devices Fundamentals"

thanks for your help in advance and best of luck :)

Comments

• djrabesdjrabes Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hey,

You can go straight into your 70-697 exam if you want to. The MTA is kind of a waste if you've been working as a SysAdmin for a while as you already have those 'skills'. Its only what Microsoft recommends, its up to you however :)
    Certifications: CompTIA A+, MCP, MCSA: Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2016, Windows 10
    Studying: Exam 70-414: Implementing an Advanced Server Infrastructure
    Want: MCSA: Office 365, MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure Exam 70-414: Implementing an Advanced Server Infrastructure), Network+, Security+
  • bader.alzamilbader.alzamil Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for your respond.
    great, so once i finish 697 i must take Exam 70-698 to get the certificate ? or can i get the win10 cer without the other exam ?

sorry im so beginner in ms certificates
    You can just do the one exam if you want. Completing any exam like that gives you the MCP (Microsoft Certified Professional) title.

So completing 70-697 will give you an MCP in Configuring Windows Devices. Also completing 70-698 will gain you an MCP in Installing and Configuring Windows 10 and an MCSA (Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate) in Windows 10.

If you pass 70-697, I would do 70-698 as that exam is apparently a lot easier.
    Certifications: CompTIA A+, MCP, MCSA: Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2016, Windows 10
    Want: MCSA: Office 365, MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure Exam 70-414: Implementing an Advanced Server Infrastructure), Network+, Security+
  • bader.alzamilbader.alzamil Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Dear djrabes,

Thanks a million mate very helpful reply.
    wish you the very best in your upcoming exams/projects.
    have a great day ahead.
    :D
    You're most welcome. Good luck with your certification.
  • TimoBlackTimoBlack Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    MS actually recommend the 698 before the 697, but you can do either first. You need both to get the MCSA certification.
  • PhalanxPhalanx Member Posts: 331 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm actually studying the 697 right now, having taken 698. I will say, doing 698 first is not only easier, but it introduces you to areas of the 697 as a primer, as the 697 does go into more detail in some areas. It also makes the monster that is 697 easier to swallow, as it means you can focus on areas such as InTune a lot more. :)
    Client & Security: Microsoft 365 Modern Desktop Administrator Associate | MCSE: Mobility
    Server & Networking: MCSA: Windows Server 2016 | MTA: Networking Fundamentals
    Data Privacy & Project/Service Management: PECB GDPR DPO/Practitioner | ITIL 2011: Foundation | CompTIA Project+
    Currently Studying: Microsoft 365 Enterprise Administrator Expert
  • mauguilarmauguilar Member Posts: 37 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Are sure you get MCP just by passing 70-998. Is not stated in the MS Website?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/learning/exam-70-698.aspx
  • IAmATeafIAmATeaf Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I personally found 70-697 quite hard, failed it back in Jan 2017 and retook it this week and passed. The format of the exam right now and I can only go on my experience I found hard, especially with respect to time, I had 68 questions and finished with just 3 minutes to spare. Got a score of 817 whereas I failed with 675 previously, yep failed by 1 question icon_sad.gif

In terms of experience and SysAdmin, the exams and again this is from my prospective are nothing like or to do with real life. In real life if somebody wants resiliency I wouldn't create two or three way storage you'd get a server with proper disks and a hardware RAID card. In terms of connecting your SCCM to InTune you'd only ever do that once and then forgot all about it, so if you're going to rely on your experience to hopefully pass the exam then I think there might be a good chance that you might fail.