Options

Network+ Worth It?

djrabesdjrabes Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi all,

I currently have my A+ and MCSA in Windows Server 2012. I'm looking to get multiple MCSAs and maybe even an MCSE. Do you think the Network+ is worth it? Will it benefit me?

Certifications: CompTIA A+, MCP, MCSA: Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2016, Windows 10
Studying: Exam 70-414: Implementing an Advanced Server Infrastructure
Want: MCSA: Office 365, MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure Exam 70-414: Implementing an Advanced Server Infrastructure), Network+, Security+

Comments

• Options
    djrabesdjrabes Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Would you say its better to get than the MTA: Networking Fundamentals? - I don't think I will ever go for CCNA as I prefer my Server and Client Administration to actual networking. I have fairly good understanding of DHCP and DNS etc from my MCSA so would you say I shouldn't find the N+ too challenging?
    Certifications: CompTIA A+, MCP, MCSA: Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2016, Windows 10
    Studying: Exam 70-414: Implementing an Advanced Server Infrastructure
    Want: MCSA: Office 365, MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure Exam 70-414: Implementing an Advanced Server Infrastructure), Network+, Security+
  • Options
    mikey88mikey88 Member Posts: 495 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Is the knowledge valuable? Yes. Is it worth taking the exam? Probably not, unless your employer is requiring it.

If you want to actually touch any of the networking equipment, then go for CCNA/CCNE
    Certs: CISSP, CySA+, Security+, Network+ and others | 2019 Goals: Cloud Sec/Scripting/Linux