Options

Real-Time Shop Floor System

VHubb16VHubb16 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,

My first project for my new position in IT is to figure out a way to pull a report that shows Work-In-Progress Status for each individual plant. Does anyone know anything about Foxfire Technologies Real-Time Shop Floor System. We have had this system since about 2005 and only the basic functions have been used. This company really hasn't had anyone that knows how to use the system's advanced functions. They have been doing tasks the hard way when there is a easier function that will get them the same result. So, I want to try and make a good impression and do my very best on my first project. I did get to check out some of the functions on Foxfire this evening from another PC, but I'm supposed to have the program installed and all access granted so I can work on this project on my own PC tomorrow. From what I can tell, the only option I see is to pull the WIP status and export it to an Excel spreadsheet and then let Excel filter out what I need from the report (all work in progress < 100% per plant in a certain date range). Seems like Foxfire should have an option somewhere that will filter this info without having to filter with Excel or am I wrong?

Also, this company seems to be so outdated with their systems. We use UltraVNC to remote to the different plants and it lags so bad and is so slow. I'm thinking that where I worked at before that we used network virtualization, which made viewing and pulling reports from different locations so much faster. I'm sure I can't talk them into going virtual right away but I wanted to ask if anyone had any suggestion for an easier and faster way to pull these reports from other company locations.

Thanks,
Lynn

Comments

• Options
    VHubb16VHubb16 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Figured out the Foxfire Technology problem with the spreadsheet but if anyone has any other ideas about using something other than UltraVNC would be greatly appreciated.