Options

Is it reasonable to get A+, NET+, SEC+ in the span of 6 months?

e.ap3699e.ap3699 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
I will be starting WGU in October and I'd love to knock out the trifecta during my first semester. That leaves 2 months per cert. Does that sound reasonable? I have an IT related associates degree, received my CCENT almost 4 years ago (it expired last November) so i'm pretty familiar with networking principles. Been working in the industry for almost 2 years.

Has anyone else attempted this? What do you think my chances are?

Comments

• Options
    ElGato127ElGato127 Member Posts: 130 ■■■□□□□□□□
    e.ap3699 wrote: »
    I will be starting WGU in October and I'd love to knock out the trifecta during my first semester. That leaves 2 months per cert. Does that sound reasonable? I have an IT related associates degree, received my CCENT almost 4 years ago (it expired last November) so i'm pretty familiar with networking principles. Been working in the industry for almost 2 years.

Has anyone else attempted this? What do you think my chances are?

I was close to that pace (even did two of them in one day) and it never hurt me. Hope that helps
  • Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    I think that's completely doable. Depending on prior experience it could be done in half that. I did the Net+ and Sec+ back in the day with about 3-4 weeks of actual study each.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    2 year exp, CCENT, and a Associates. I would think 2-3 months wouldn't be that crazy.
  • Options
    LordQarlynLordQarlyn Member Posts: 693 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Yeah that's very realistic, in fact you probably can get the A+ and Net+ in a month, and depending on your familiarity with cybersecurity, you probably can get the Security+ done in a couple of months.
  • Options
    djcarterdjcarter Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Based on your experience and prior education, I don't see any reason to think it wouldn't be doable for you
  • Options
    stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I did it, which means that you can do it too. Given your prior CCENT knowledge, I would guess that your Network+ study time should be a bit less than average as I figure you just need to learn the "CompTIA" way of looking at networks. Once you fill in the gaps in knowledge, you should be able to nail the exam.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • Options
    kurosaki00kurosaki00 Member Posts: 973
    If A+ and Net+ are still as similar (overlapping) as they were back several years ago, it is more than doable. I actually think anyone can do Net+ a few weeks after completing A+ . They overlapped sooo much.
    Use the rest of 2-3 months for sec+.
    meh