Failed CISM

sathish_cecrisathish_cecri Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
I appeared for CISM yesterday and preliminary result was NOT PASSED. I felt that 130/150 questions were tough for me. I was thorough with the Q/A booklet purchased from ISACA. It did not help either. Suggestions are welcome to clear CISM the next time.

Comments

• JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Can you advise of your work experience and any other certs? The CISM is oriented towards people with 5+ years of security management experience across the domains of the exam. Generally having enough experience in the domains is enough to pass with relative ease. Absent deep enough experience across all the domains, the Review Manual is recommended to fill in knowledge gaps. When going through the Q/A book, did you understand the reasons of the right answer? Also, the Q/A book is not recommended. The Online QAE database is much much better as it simulates actual exam experience better.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • datacombossdatacomboss Member Posts: 304 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The online Q&A was really similar to the CRISC test. I hope the same will be the case with the CISM.
    "If I were to say, 'God, why me?' about the bad things, then I should have said, 'God, why me?' about the good things that happened in my life."

Arthur Ashe

• Teddyp15Teddyp15 Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    JoJoCal19 wrote: »
    Can you advise of your work experience and any other certs? The CISM is oriented towards people with 5+ years of security management experience across the domains of the exam. Generally having enough experience in the domains is enough to pass with relative ease. Absent deep enough experience across all the domains, the Review Manual is recommended to fill in knowledge gaps. When going through the Q/A book, did you understand the reasons of the right answer? Also, the Q/A book is not recommended. The Online QAE database is much much better as it simulates actual exam experience better.

I 100% agree with this. The QAE Database is the best method of study for the CISM.

Don't give up. You'll knock it out next time!
  • ITSpectreITSpectre Member Posts: 1,040 ■■■■□□□□□□
    If at first you don't succeed.... try, try, again! don't give up!
    In the darkest hour, there is always a way out - Eve ME3 :cool:
    “The measure of an individual can be difficult to discern by actions alone.” – Thane Krios
  • cazzacazza Member Posts: 9 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Don't give up! I failed CISM in may and now i preliminary passed CISM today. I agree with JOJoCal19 recommendation. Therefore, I highly suggested you to read the review manual. In my point of view , Qna is not enough to pass CISM. You need a very good knowledge about information security and risk management to pass CISM. So read the review manual thoroughly and then practice on qna. Good luck