Options

Trying Harder, an OSCP Journey

2»

Comments

• Options
    katawiakatawia Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    JoJoCal19 wrote: »
    So OSCP is back on! I'm set to start on 9/30. I spoke to management again about the expense, and they are requesting approval from senior management to get it approved. Based on this situation and also some things since my manager left, I feel like I can't afford to not take the course, so I've decided that if management doesn't get the approval for it, then I will just pay the bill (corp card) myself. I want to go ahead and move forward with the OSCP so that I have an ace in my back pocket if I need it.

So I'm doing the command line course on Code Academy, and then doing the Git and Python course before the 30th. As well I am going to do some preliminary studying of buffer overflows using my eLearnsecurity material.

Are you going for the basic or will you upgrade?
  • Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    katawia wrote: »
    Are you going for the basic or will you upgrade?

I did the upgrade for Code Academy. It's like $19/mo and includes the projects, which I find helpful to reinforce the material. I'm working through the Command Line course now and so far, so good. THIS is the way that I learn. I'm a practical, hands-on learner. Watching then doing works amazingly well for me.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    ITSpectreITSpectre Member Posts: 1,040 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I did the upgrade for Code Academy. It's like $19/mo and includes the projects, which I find helpful to reinforce the material. I'm working through the Command Line course now and so far, so good. THIS is the way that I learn. I'm a practical, hands-on learner. Watching then doing works amazingly well for me.

Told u..... You going to pass this OSCP.... we BOTH going to pass it!
    GO GATORS!!!
    In the darkest hour, there is always a way out - Eve ME3 :cool:
    “The measure of an individual can be difficult to discern by actions alone.” – Thane Krios
  • Options
    fabostrongfabostrong Member Posts: 215 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats OP. I hope you get it done. I just passed the GCIH a few days ago and passed the CEH a few months ago. Since passing the GCIH, I've been wondering if I should go for another cert or if I should try and sharpen my skills and after reading this, I think I'll go with sharpening my security skills. You've motivated it. I also started the command line course on code academy. Thanks!
  • Options
    77777777777777 Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Best of luck mate!
  • Options
    77777777777777 Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hopefully this is not against the rules in here but here you go:

netsecfocus.slack.com

you can not join the channel until you have started your course though. Best of luck!
  • Options

I appreciate the feedback... I'm also hands... so will check it out. Need a project like this to save time for the OSCP and beyond. Of course I don't mind doing some reading. I want to save that until after OSCP.
  • Options

I appreciate the feedback... I'm also hands... so will check it out. Need a project like this to save time for the OSCP and beyond. Of course I don't mind doing some reading. I want to save that until after OSCP.
  • Options
    vynxvynx Member Posts: 153 ■■□□□□□□□□
    ITSpectre wrote: »
    Told u..... You going to pass this OSCP.... we BOTH going to pass it!
    GO GATORS!!!

have you pass it ?
  • Options
    waspe3waspe3 Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good luck man.