Passed

skubasteveskubasteve Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
On my second shot, scored a 715. Not the greatest score, but passing is fine by me. 42 question with 4 sims.

On to 70-291 for my MCSA...
"The search for static security - in the law and elsewhere - is misguided. The fact is security can only be achieved through constant change, adapting old ideas that have outlived their usefulness to current facts.”

-William Osler

Comments

• Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    congrats!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • eurotrasheurotrash Member Posts: 817
    Congrats!

Any suggestions or study methods you'd like to share?
    witty comment
  • hellspawnhellspawn Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrats!... Pass is a PASS. Goodluck on the next exams!

===================
    EumirN.jpg
    EumirSecond.jpg
  • skubasteveskubasteve Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I used "Microsoft Official Acedemic Course 70-290" that came bundled with a 2K3 180 day eval, mspress readiness review suite, and a lab manual ( ISBN # 0-7356-2031-8 ).

I also used "PrepLogic Exam Cram2 70-290" ( ISBN # 0-7897-2946-6 ), which covered what the Microsoft Book did not. However the pactise test that came with this book was lacking, to say the least.

I have my own domain set up at home for the labs. Mainly, I just made sure to read at least 2 hours a day and do the labs over and over again until I could read the title and do them by memory. <---CRUCIAL
    "The search for static security - in the law and elsewhere - is misguided. The fact is security can only be achieved through constant change, adapting old ideas that have outlived their usefulness to current facts.”

-William Osler
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif

Sounds like you could use a double shot to go with that second shot!!
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congrats!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • jescabjescab Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,321
    CONGRATZ dude - a pass is a pass ..... you are one step closer - keep it up
    GO STEELERS GO - STEELERS RULE
  • shamrocker98shamrocker98 Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Way to go! I'm also tackling the 291 next, and I am going to study harder than I ever have before, because I do not like taking tests twice icon_mad.gif
  • gabrielbtoledogabrielbtoledo Member Posts: 217
    Very nice. Congrats.
    I missed my first try by 1 question. So, if I had one question right, I would have gotten 700 points. I would be very proud and happy. So don't see 700 as a pass. See 700 as a great score which is also a pass.
    Hehehe.

P.S I passed on the retake.
    A+ Certified - Network+ - MCP (70-290)
    MCSA - CCNA - Security+ (soon)