Options

Passed! 8/12

BlucodexBlucodex Member Posts: 430 ■■■■□□□□□□
First class at WGU down! Assuming my finish screen was correct or doesn't get modified.

Well, all in all it was a little harder than I anticipated but I cannot say I did a lot of prep. I went through the free Skillset questions a few months ago and didn't touch the CEH again until last week when I started WGU. I went through the course quizzes (skipped the videos) and then spent maybe 4 hours on the provided Transcenders practiced exams.

Spent about 70 minutes, reviewed 10-15 questions and only changed maybe 2-4 answers.

Make sure you know your NMAP commands and outputs, symmetric/asymmetric encryption, and common hacking techniques. Other than those categories the rest was basic troubleshooting IMO or fairly common knowledge.

Comments

• Options
    NotHackingYouNotHackingYou Member Posts: 1,460 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Thanks for sharing your experience!
    When you go the extra mile, there's no traffic.
  • Options
    I passed today as well. How long did it take for ECC to email you the information you needed to send to WGU?
  • Options
    NyhmesisNyhmesis Member Posts: 21 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Just passed mine last night! Does WGU send you a ASPEN login or what? The directions are really really shitty.
  • Options
    I had to go in and make an ASPEN account
  • Options
    I had to go in and make an ASPEN account

Same. I had cert within a few days.
  • Options
    jhl226116jhl226116 Registered Users Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good job well done, Were they any multiple choice questions that required to select more than one answer?
  • Options
    IronmanXIronmanX Member Posts: 323 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    jhl226116 wrote: »
    Good job well done, Were they any multiple choice questions that required to select more than one answer?

I don't believe so. IIRC it was all just MC from 4 possible answers.
  • Options
    clarkincnetclarkincnet Member Posts: 256 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    Give a hacker an exploit, and they will have access for a day, BUT teach them to phish, and they will have access for the rest of their lives!

Have: CISSP, CISM, CRISC, CGEIT, ITIL-F