Options

Study Plan

niteshsewnandanniteshsewnandan Member Posts: 4 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hello

I'm a long time lurker in this forum and decided to start my prep for my CISSP exam. Anyone care to share their study plans times ? Curious to see how folks are spacing their studies - 2 weeks per module or similar ? I understand that everyone studies at their own pace but I just wanted to get an idea of timelines

Comments

• Options
    markulousmarkulous Member Posts: 2,394 ■■■■■■■■□□
    My study plan is on the front page. 2 weeks per domain is excessive for me. I did one week max.
  • Options
    M0CAMB0M0CAMB0 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    My plan is sort of ad-hoc based on all the preparation guides other people posted.

1 week each domain - Read through 11th hour domain chapter, then read all the chapters relating to domain in Sybex. Then do practice tests.

Although what I'm planning on doing differently is study the domains in order of weight, so I'll be studying the domains in order of : 1,7,5,3,4,6,2,8 .
  • Options
    niteshsewnandanniteshsewnandan Member Posts: 4 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks all. I didnt consider study chapters based on weighting - will give that a try.

I'm using the Sybex 7th, & Cybrary. Also will checkout the CISSP course on Udemy for bits of info that i may have missed
  • Options
    M0CAMB0M0CAMB0 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yea I'm just trying to use the same study tactics that worked for me in University and did well for me. But so far tbh, the 11th hour book is really feeling like a summary compared to Sybex.
  • Options
    markulousmarkulous Member Posts: 2,394 ■■■■■■■■□□
    M0CAMB0 wrote: »
    Yea I'm just trying to use the same study tactics that worked for me in University and did well for me. But so far tbh, the 11th hour book is really feeling like a summary compared to Sybex.
    11th Hour is meant to be a book that just summarizes the information. Unless you're an expert in all of the 8 domains, I wouldn't recommend using this as your sole source of studying. It's a great book though for what it is.